PDA

View Full Version : Petit Crouton 1.6 whats the best/brightest Amber I can use with it?

Star Bird
03-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi Im wanting to change /upgrade a saber I have with a PCv1.6 and Im wanting the brightest amber I can put with it. Im was thinking a Tri-Rebel amber? but the PCv1.6 can only put out 1.5A . Ill get a new battery pack too if necessary but I do have a single lithium ion 3.7v 900 mAh battery right now. But what my best option in terms of brightness with the PCv1.6?

Silver Serpent
03-24-2014, 07:46 AM
1.5A is plenty for the Tri-Rebel amber. Each die only requires 700mA, so you have your option of running two dice either in parallel or series. The PC 1.6 needs a 7.4v battery pack to run at its best, so you'll have to upgrade that.

If you wire the two amber dice in series, you'll set the desired current on the PC to 700mA. If you wire them in parallel, you'll set it to 1400mA. You will get more runtime on a single charge if you wire them in series. With a 7.4v pack, you'll have more than sufficient voltage to wire them either way.

Star Bird
03-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Thank you Sliver Serpent I will probably going with running the 2 dice in series with a 7.4

unless can i use all 3 dice on this? http://www.luxeonstar.com/Predfined-Tri-Star-LED-Assembly-p/sr-03-000134.htm?CartID=1

because the red-orange rebel requires less voltage could I run this tri-rebel in series and have enough voltage for all 3 dice? maybe have the red orange at the end of the series so its the one getting under powered ?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Thank you Sliver Serpent I will probably going with running the 2 dice in series with a 7.4

unless can i use all 3 dice on this? http://www.luxeonstar.com/Predfined-Tri-Star-LED-Assembly-p/sr-03-000134.htm?CartID=1

because the red-orange rebel requires less voltage could I run this tri-rebel in series and have enough voltage for all 3 dice? maybe have the red orange at the end of the series so its the one getting under powered ?

No, you would not be able to use all 3 in series. I would just take SS's or Luminara's advice and call it a day.

Star Bird
03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Ok will do