PDA

View Full Version : PVC Internal organization

Gnar-Gnar Gin
03-11-2014, 06:47 PM
I just finished putting electronics in my first saber and...

Does anyone have any recommendations for building a sled, or internal organization in 1" ID PVC?

I've looked around a bit, but haven't fund anything, it's awfully tight in there, the hardest part of my whole build was just getting the wiring in the hilt. I don't have the tools or money to work with metal, so I've been building some PVC hilts, and am trying to make them as high quality as I can...

Thanks for the help, I know it's always tough when people ask "noob" questions, but please be gentle,

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
There is no "set way" of doing those. Find your own way, you shall. Experiment, you must.

Gnar-Gnar Gin
03-11-2014, 07:57 PM
I have a few things that I'm trying, just wondering if anyone has found something that works well... I'm trying lots of things. There's a difference between knowledge and wisdom...

just wondering if there was any wisdom out there on the issue...

sks1138
03-12-2014, 03:53 PM
I've recently built a PVC saber. There is not much room. I had some discs cut out of 3/4in acrylic at work. Then I drilled out the center half way through to fit the sound card and run the wire through(see pic), and another one to hold the 20mm speaker sold in store. Then I held it in place with some set screws that were hidden by the shroud. The saber was made for a 10 year old and I didn't want anything moving around. You could also use part of the blade from a cheapo hasbro saber. Hope this helps.

Ty_Bomber
03-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Words of wisdom: use the electrical pvc conduit, the grey stuff. The black stuff is cheaper, but flakes horribly, making for a tedious dremeling and sanding experience. It never gets smooth.

I think that is along the lines of the advice you were looking for?

ilpostino
03-20-2014, 06:09 AM
You guys use PVC with ID of 1", right?

Gnar-Gnar Gin
03-20-2014, 07:04 AM
yup, 1" ID conduit PVC