PDA

View Full Version : 2nd LED Build (Light, Sound, and Effects) hopefully...

JMurphy
03-09-2014, 04:33 AM
Hi everyone,
I think i'm on the home stretch in planning my 2nd LED build. This one I'm looking for light, sound, and effects. Pretty sure I have most the things I need. Just have to figure out if I can fit it all in, electronics wise. Here is the Part lis:
Parts list- Hilt
- 4? Double Female Grooved (Still need hole for AV Switch through service)
- MHS Gear
- MHS Choke style 3
- Screw on LED blade holder style 12
- .75? Male/Female extension
- MPS Pommel style 6
- Machined button for covertec clip
- Covertec Clip/button (with drill and tap)
- Machine AV Switch hole
- Screws where needed (covertec button, retention screw)
-Heatshrink tubing

Electronics
- 18650 Single cell powered (with holder)
- Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module (Blue)
- 1.5ohm 5w resistor
- 16mm AV Short Momentary Blue Ring Switch
- Premium 28mm Speaker
- MHS Speaker mount V4- For 28mm Speakers
- Nano Biscotte
Blade
- LED ?TCSS Style? Battle Blade 1? OD (32 inches)

Main concerns:
- Not quite sure if I have the right resistor.
- Also don?t know if I need any quick disconnecters or JST wiring etc.

Let me know what you guys think, should be my last build for a while (so no more build spam from me :P)

clahey83
03-09-2014, 10:51 AM
since you mentioned the possibility of sound with this build, I would suggest buying a nano biscotte(NB) v2 when it hits the store sometime in the next week. if you want flash on clash(FoC) (which I believe makes the experience MUCH funner) then you will either need to pick up an LED engine or a tri-rebel with the proper heatsink and optics, and also a power extender to run your FoC. I have 2 sabers with the NB v1 and they are really nice boards and I would suggest them to anybody who wants a budget saber with sound.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Isn't this the same hilt you have for your first build??

JMurphy
03-09-2014, 01:25 PM
since you mentioned the possibility of sound with this build, I would suggest buying a nano biscotte(NB) v2 when it hits the store sometime in the next week. if you want flash on clash(FoC) (which I believe makes the experience MUCH funner) then you will either need to pick up an LED engine or a tri-rebel with the proper heatsink and optics, and also a power extender to run your FoC. I have 2 sabers with the NB v1 and they are really nice boards and I would suggest them to anybody who wants a budget saber with sound.

Woops, NB is supposed to be there, It was out of stock so I forgot it not being in my list. Also forgot that the heatsink module I selected, was not 'try-rebel' so i'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tips, given me some stuff to look into :D

JMurphy
03-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Isn't this the same hilt you have for your first build??

You are correct, sir.