PDA

View Full Version : blade holder question

Renov
02-24-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm working on a sink tube saber and have run into a problem: the opening of the drain pipe I'm using is a touch too wide for a 1 inch blade. Would the 1.18" blade holder help solve the problem?

If it helps, I'm using a Moen pop up drain pipe as the business end of the saber.

Sevinzol
02-25-2014, 03:22 AM
welcome to the forums.

I like a good sink tube saber. I think you should be able to answer your own question better than us. "a Touch" is kinda vague and seeing as you have the thing in front of you can actually measure the inside of the tube for a more exact number. 1.18" is slightly less than (1+3/16"). If your measurement is close to that number then you might be able to do some shimming or sanding to get it snug. Also don't forget to drill and tap holes for the screws (mounting & set).

Zzan
02-25-2014, 07:42 AM
There are two items in the Store in the Blade Holder Non-MHS section that may help you out.

One is a sink tube blade holder and the other is a sink tube to MHS blade holder converter.

(EDIT) There are actually 4 items. Two additional different diameter blade holders are there as well.

Sarich
02-25-2014, 12:24 PM
If it is the kind of sink drain I am thinking of, you'll want this.http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/125-Sink-tube-LEDBlade-holder--P269.aspx

Pictures would be great though, just so I know I recommended the right thing. I can give further instruction from there once I know.

Sevinzol
02-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Would the 1.18" blade holder help solve the problem

Guys he's asking about this 1.18" OD LED Blade Holder (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/118-OD-LEDBlade-holder--P644.aspx) but he needs to MEASURE the ID of his tube

Sarich
02-25-2014, 04:36 PM
The sinktube blade holders don't actually fit inside the threaded tube you use for the handle of the saber, assuming it's the kind I am thinking of. I made a pop-up drain saber last year, and it wasn't even a remotely close fit; I actually had to put the blade holder inside the pop-up section, just under where there windows in it, though weirdly it was a perfect fit for that.

Renov
03-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I was able to measure the tube. The inner diameter is 1.105 inches. I've spoken with a couple of smiths in other forums and some friends nearer to where I live. I'm getting a piece made for this project as my time constraints prevent me from waiting for an order. I'll try to get pictures up once I have a new camera.