PDA

View Full Version : MHS Thread Type question?

Wyrlock
02-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi all! I may be being a bit lazy here but I was wondering if anyone could tell me the thread standard/type and sizes usually used with MHS compatible parts? I'm drawing some bits to mod my sabers on Inventor but have no clue what threads will actually work. I did search the forum but searching "MHS thread" brings up a lot of results and I'm totally new the world of sabers and forums. Any help would be kindly appreciated :confused:

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-12-2014, 11:06 AM
First off, Welcome to the forums.

The information you seek is proprietary information - meaning it is not available to the public. Typically, if you want to make your own parts, for sabers built from parts here in the store, you can buy and one of the number of "blanks" from the store and do your own thing. There is another company that claims that their stuff is "MHS compatible", let's just say that it isn't necessarily always the case. What sabers are you looking to mod?

Wyrlock
02-12-2014, 11:31 AM
First off, Welcome to the forums.

The information you seek is proprietary information - meaning it is not available to the public. Typically, if you want to make your own parts, for sabers built from parts here in the store, you can buy and one of the number of "blanks" from the store and do your own thing. There is another company that claims that their stuff is "MHS compatible", let's just say that it isn't necessarily always the case. What sabers are you looking to mod?

Ah, ok. Makes sense. I could probably measure the thread pitch and whatnot and figure it out. Or just start designing my own build with metric thread standards...

I've got a US War Glaive and US Prophecy (both of which I picked up second hand in the UK as I'm poor and shipping is costly). I had a post removed on another forum for asking about opinions on the quality of the products I bought. I'm guessing from your above words that I've just walked into another political minefield. :(

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Not really. It's not easy for new people to understand all that has gone on in the past 10 years or so, especially when they weren't here for it. Regarding THAT company, all I'll say is this: the company you mention is not discussed much (if at all) on other saber forums (and for VERY good reason). Though I can probably guess which forum you are referring to, feel free to PM me which one it was.

This forum IS attached to a store (obviously) and we work and deal with stuff sold here and commonly found stuff in the community in general.

Silver Serpent
02-12-2014, 11:43 AM
If you wish to measure the threads and make your own parts for your own use, there's rarely an issue with that. Selling parts listed as "MHS compatible" runs into issues if you don't have the permission of TCSS.

And you're correct. Discussion of US sabers and workmanship is a political minefield. Criticism on their site tends to result in your experience. We just don't talk about them here.

Feel free to upgrade your sabers and post your results though. We love to see new sabers, and old sabers that have been improved upon.

Wyrlock
02-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Now it makes a bit more sense. The guy I bought one from kept saying it was "MHS Compatible" and I'd have bought parts by now if not for the shipping costs. I just thought I'd have a bash myself seeing as I have access to kit and materials and I've been meaning to learn Inventor. I'll be sure to share my projects with you, thanks!