PDA

View Full Version : saber form demonstration videos

goldsaberwarrior
02-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Title pretty much says what this is gonna be about. I have a couple bros looking to get into the saber community and they've expressed interest in learning some of the different forms out there. I had made mention of at times using the different forms I know as sort of a stress reliever and one bro in particular took interest in this. They all have their reasons but what i'm looking for is some good demo videos for them to check out when i'm not available to teach them in person. I've been looking at the Terra Prime Lightsaber Academy videos and I do like some of what I see there. What I'm wondering is if folks know of others out there that are good to use. I'm looking for demo videos of anything you guys can find but some particular forms i'm looking for are Soresu, Juyo, and Shi'Cho. I intend to make them some resources myself but I want them to have multiple sources to draw from. Figured I would hit some folks up on here and get some opinions on the videos and see what folks could come up with.

Onli-Won Kanomi
02-08-2014, 02:03 PM
You may want to contact Mark Praeder [Caine on FX-Sabers.com and other forums] who was the first martial arts instructor to formulate a complete system out of the Seven Forms which he released on DVD several years ago before teaming up with Novastar to create the NCSCS system [available at http://sabercombat.com/]. I have both and can attest they are excellent.

Symbiant
02-10-2014, 06:04 AM
Very cool. I watched a few videos of some forms. I train in the Bujinkan so I know some sword play ;p. But it's always good to see what else is out there. Nice thread. I'll check these out.