PDA

View Full Version : How add auxiliary switch to ANH Fx Hilt

bluc69
02-08-2014, 05:45 AM
Hello, this is my first post.
I'm using an Anakin 2010 Fx Removable Blade Hilt with the Custom Saber Shop conversion kit to build a brand new saber.
As I will use a Crystal Focus pcb, I need to add an auxiliary switch to the hilt.
Does anybody have a suggestion on where and how mount it?

TrypWyr
02-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I converted a Vader removable blade last year and put in a PC 2.0. For the aux switch, I used the small silver momentary switch (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SPST-Momentary-tactile-switch-P641.aspx) (seriously, I love these things...) from the store and put it in the side of the clamp box. It was a little nerve-wracking drilling into a part for which I had no replacement, but it turned out amazing.

Granted, the box is different on an Anakin, but maybe something like that would work for you too?

bluc69
02-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Thank you for the answer.
That could be an option, but I would like to know if it is possible to do something using the large copper cap...

SithArts
02-14-2014, 12:33 AM
I own a removable blade Anakin lightsaber and soon will be doing the conversion... I have also thought about later a NB or PC upgrade but haven't seen it done... I might would consider if someone else has forged that path before but if not I probably will just continue to pursue a full blown custom then.