PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on switches and internal components

Azlon
02-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Here is my basic hilt configuration.

I plan to use a PC board, Recharge Port, AV switch and momentary switch 21 (the little red one). I will also have a covertec knob.

My original design only used 1 guarded switch but due to the PC needing 2 switches and seeing a better picture of the guarded switch (lighting on the TCSS pic belies its actual shape) I had to change to the AV switch and add an aux switch.

I am banging my head trying to figure out how best to configure the switch and recharge port layout. Should I have the holes machined for flush mount, should I use an activation box and if so, do I go with box 2 or box 19? Box 2 from what I can tell is a bit too big to fit nicely on the upper part of Main body style 4.

I am also planning on using JST connectors to make everything MWS and I hope to keep everything neat with a chassis setup so I could also use some advice on how to fit everything in.

amwolf
02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
I like the Box 19 - I haven't used that one yet but like the slimmer profile back behind the AV switch compared with the box 2. The boxes make installation a lot easier. Tim offers a service to cut the appropriate holes for that box, and I'd ask him to place the front edge of the AV switch as close to the thread zone as he can without going into it. This will give you the most room behind the recharge port, which is where you PC/battery (stacked) and speaker has to go, but they should fit. If I'm wrong on the fit, someone will correct me. When you order the main body, select the "no hole" option.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Amwolf basically has it right. Which box you use is entirely up to you, though the cut out for Box 2 might be easier for you to work with (for wiring purposes).

As far as chassis goes, I would strongly suggest you look through the galleries and review several build logs to get ideas.