PDA

View Full Version : Rewiring to bypass blade pin connector?

klinsek
10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Hmm, I have run into a little snag with my Anakin convert.

http://machine.technocraft.com/~jedi/saber_led.jpg

My goal here is to bypass the pin connector and just solder the wires direct so I can fit this all back in the stock MR hilt. However there is the issue of the shock sensor and where to connect the grey wire...

Is it possible to remove the shock sensor from the pin plug mount and just solder that last remaning grey wire somewhere (no idea) to it?

I looked around but couldnt find anything on this. Any one have a tutorial or a quick talk through for this?

Thank you. So close yet so far. :(

xwingband
10-25-2006, 08:16 PM
If you do the snippity snip they all should correspond to the same ones on either side. Just match the wiring on the Vader tutorial. It should match up.

Perhaps you could email Ultra too... since you bought the kit from him. :P :roll:

klinsek
10-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the reply..

Yea, I figured I could just snip them all and match color to color.

Just not sure where to solder that darn grey wire, or how to remove the shock sensor from the pin thing. Hrmm.

Tried mailing Ultra, no reply as of yet unfortunately. I am not sure they even support the pin style blade plug, as their instructions were void of any info on it.

Thanks.

xwingband
10-25-2006, 08:47 PM
The grey goes to the shoch sensor, then a blueish wire that doesn't match any on the molex connector should be spliced with the purple and go to the positive of the lux.

You can probably just snip the shock sensor off and solder to the remaining pins.

klinsek
10-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Yea I see where the grey goes to the shock sensor, just can't get a detailed enough pic to see the actual solder point.

There also isn't a blueish wire that doesnt have a match on the alternate side. My setup isn't the same as in the Vader tut pics unfortunately. It slightly varies, which is where I am sorta lost.

Oh well. Thanks anyways for your help. Hopefully the Ultra guy has directions for this alternate plug rig.

Strydur
10-25-2006, 10:23 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

In order to bypass this setup you will need to desolder the shock sensor from the little board. And then resolder it to the correct wires. I believe it will be the grey wire to one side and the positive wire to the other side.

klinsek
10-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys.

Tim, next time I buy from you.. wish I had found this site first! Only came across it in my search for help.