PDA

View Full Version : First Build - Maglite Conversion "Ursas"

AckAck
02-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Good morning all!

So I got the parts this week for my Maglite conversion. My son and I really like the way it turned out and can't wait to take on a more ambitious project.

Here is the parts list:

MPS Clip
C-cell Maglite blade holder
C-cell Maglite MHS pommel adapter
1" Hilt safety plug (Trans White)
LEDengin Lens Holder
Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
10-32 x 3/8" Red Acetal thumb screw
4@1-3/16" ID Black O-ring
MHS Sleeve 1
MPS insert style 12
MPS Pommel style 4
2 C-cell Black Maglite

So, without further ado, here it is. Ursas.

I look forward to hearing what people think, and to continue to learn from the community here. My next project is already on the drawing board.

Sevinzol
02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
very nice. doesn't look like a mag-lite at all

jedimastergarcia87
02-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Yeah. Looks more like a true lightsaber hilt to me. Bet that small choke is a dream too for spinning and such. What color is this?

AckAck
02-03-2014, 06:18 AM
Thanks!

Right now just white. I am waiting for the colored discs to come back into stock, then I will order them and a blade. I added an aftermarket LED upgrade to brighten it up.

Samwell Kambei
02-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Looks awesome- I'm also working on my first build right now, and I'm basing it off a Maglite as well. I had the same idea for the Red Acetal thumb screw in the blade holder, but I must thank you for including the info on the safety plug, Lens Holder and Collimator Lens- I had no idea what these things were for until I saw your pictures- now all those parts are added into the wishlist...

AckAck
02-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Glad it helped. I only included those from reading back through the archives here. And I just love that red thumb screw. I have tried using the set screw for the blade retention, but everyone in the house agrees that the red one just adds that certain Star Wars feel to it. :)

MrCafe
02-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Damn, I have to get me a sleeve. Great work.

Bwhalen0119
08-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Did you have to Alter the TCSS Sleve 1 at all? I love that Idea!
Is it Snug or does it wiggle around?

Noyl Wendor
08-24-2014, 10:02 PM
I like it, simple and elegant the way a lightsaber should be ;) very nice work. It really does not resemble a flashlight at all. Possibly doing sound later? or will the space inside allow for that? I have an old mag lite (D cell) that I have been toying with the idea of a conversion :D
So it seems you have inspired me as well.
again very nice work.