PDA

View Full Version : Another new to the forum thread i need help.

Symbiant
01-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Didn't realize there would be so much work to this but all in all it looks like a lot of fun. I am just curious is to what i should use for electronics? meaning the speaker housing and all that jazz.

Also how does it not move around inside? i'm totally clueless and have searched though all these threads, but what i have gathered so far is that building it all custom you use the graflex chassis disks? and the appropriate sized spacers and hardware etc...?? talking internals here.. Also looks like a lot of stuff is missing from the shop. Not looking for a quick fix either i would be more than happy to spend some time for some quality. i have avid soldering skills. i kind of do it for a living. any help though would be appreciated..

Thank you

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
First off, Welcome to the Forums.

To answer your questions:

1. It depends on what you want for your saber. Stunt (light only), Sound? How many "features" do you want, can you afford?

2. No, Graflex chassis disks are specifically graflex builds. You can normally use the chassis parts that are located within the MHS build section under chassis disks. There are a number of different ways to secure a chassis, it depends on your design. ;)

3. I strongly suggest you read through the newbie threads, several of us have answered many questions (probably several times) that you will likely have.

Good Luck!

Symbiant
01-15-2014, 08:12 PM
First off, Welcome to the Forums.

To answer your questions:

1. It depends on what you want for your saber. Stunt (light only), Sound? How many "features" do you want, can you afford?

2. No, Graflex chassis disks are specifically graflex builds. You can normally use the chassis parts that are located within the MHS build section under chassis disks. There are a number of different ways to secure a chassis, it depends on your design. ;)

3. I strongly suggest you read through the newbie threads, several of us have answered many questions (probably several times) that you will likely have.

Good Luck!

Thanx for the reply.

i would want to dual with it and have sound. really all i want is the NB sound module, a blue led switch, the kill plug option and just one led. that is about it. i found the chassis parts. makes sense..

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanx for the reply.

i would want to dual with it and have sound. really all i want is the NB sound module, a blue led switch, the kill plug option and just one led. that is about it. i found the chassis parts. makes sense..

OK, So you will have to wait until they are back in stock. I am helping someone in another thread who is building a saber with roughly the same internals you are looking for. Might want to start reading there:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?16161-1st-Build-Help-and-Suggestions-Wanted

Silver Serpent
01-15-2014, 08:19 PM
You can build a complete saber with parts from the store, to include a full chassis. Using the chassis discs with the threaded rod, nuts, and spacers, you can build a proper chassis to hold all of your parts in place. You can also build a chassis from scratch, using PVC pipe and various cutting and sanding tools. There are also a number of sabersmiths who use the various 3d printing services to create chassis systems. Your only limits are your imagination and your skill level.

As FJK stated, the Graflex chassis discs are just for Graflex builds. They're a slightly different size. You will want the regular sized discs.

In the "Sound" section of the store, you'll find the various speaker mounts. Most of them have holes designed to attach to the chassis system sold in the store.

Symbiant
01-15-2014, 08:26 PM
thank you for the reply. so the chassis though will fit snug and not move i take it.. i'll have a read