PDA

View Full Version : first saber and diagram

shipwreck
01-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Hey everyone! I have to share with you all my very first design along with a wiring diagram to go along with it. I believe in a trial by fire so my first build is rather ambitious. .. so here we go.

I am going to try an Aayla Secura tribute using all MHS parts. :)

Here are my diagrams.

Saber body:
LED Blade holder style 18
MHS Ribbed Extension
6 Inch Double Female Threaded Connector
MPS Pommel Style 10

Hilt Electronics:
Luxen Rebel Star (Royal Blue)
Petit Crouton V3.0
Blue Ring Latching AV Switch
Power Level Indicator
2.1 mm Recharge Port
Speaker
3.5 mm R.I.C.E. Port
3.7 18650 3400mAh Battery
assorted Accent LEDs to add flashing lights

All of this is just a very basic first attempt. I consider this to be a very fluid design. I know I will be changing and tweaking things as I do more research and reading. I also have to figure out all of the values of the resistors, but thats not a big deal. I have the facilities to do all the tapping, drilling and light line work. This is going to be a challenge..... but a ton of fun!

I really would love to hear some of your thoughts and opinions. All are welcome.

Thanks so much for all the great work done on here.

:) :) :)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Well, looking at your wiring, here are the things that I see that are "wrong":

- No aux. switch - No aux. switch, no switching fonts, and using some of the cool sounds.
- The wires you have going to the AV you have there will only operate the switch part of the A/V switch. The LED part would be that 3.3V pad you want to use for something else.
- RICE port should be grounded to the recharge port (-) pin, not the board battery (-) pad.

If you want to use just one battery, you had better be prepared to perform the hack that allows that on the board, unless you are having someone do that for you. ;)

As far as the hilt goes, it seems kind of busy with all the blinkies.

shipwreck
01-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Well, looking at your wiring, here are the things that I see that are "wrong":

- No aux. switch - No aux. switch, no switching fonts, and using some of the cool sounds.
- The wires you have going to the AV you have there will only operate the switch part of the A/V switch. The LED part would be that 3.3V pad you want to use for something else.
- RICE port should be grounded to the recharge port (-) pin, not the board battery (-) pad.

If you want to use just one battery, you had better be prepared to perform the hack that allows that on the board, unless you are having someone do that for you. ;)

As far as the hilt goes, it seems kind of busy with all the blinkies.

Thank you for the input. :)
I knew there will be a lot of changes to be made. I thought there would be more. lol
Time to try the second draft.