PDA

View Full Version : First saber WIP

Darth Kenobi
01-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Got the parts today here are some pics! In this saber I combined all three of my favorite Star Wars characters, Anakin, Obi Wan, and Starkiller. One weekend if I get the time I will drill the holes for the bunny ears and the covertec knob. One last thing, does anyone know how to get the MPS clip and insert into the pommel? I am having trouble getting it in.

Mandalorian
01-07-2014, 10:59 AM
I like the basic design so far. Looking forward to what you do with the shroud material. Have fun. :D

Darth Kenobi
01-07-2014, 05:47 PM
I haven't really decided what to do with it yet but I am definitely going to buy more parts for this saber.

Flyby Knight
01-09-2014, 07:16 PM
I used a pair of normal needle-nosed pliers for my insert clip, but it wasn't easy. They do make special pliers just for that purpose, try your local hardware store.

Silver Serpent
01-10-2014, 05:40 AM
The correct tool for inserting the MPS clip is a set of snap-ring pliers. You'll find them at your local automotive or hardware store. It can be done with needle-nose pliers, but it's more difficult.

Wear eye protection when inserting the clip! If it slips loose before you get it seated, it can fly out at very high speeds.

Darth Kenobi
01-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Update!

Ok here are some pics. My next order will be the chassis system. I want to do something like this

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20051113041261/starwars/images/9/9a/Lightsaber-cutaway.jpg

for this saber and I have a few ideas but it will most likely be a while before I can buy anything else.