PDA

View Full Version : Parallel 9v connection(s)??

Jedi Ranger
10-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Well, I'm still working on my first 5w hilt, and until I am able to order my li-ion packs, I have to use 9v batteries, as I don't have quite enough room in my MHS hilt for a 6-cell AA pack (it's too long).

I am using a 5watt driver, so resistors and voltage and all that othe LED-related stuff is not an issue, here.

Anyway, I'd like to fabricate a parallel 9v battery tab harness, but I think I am over-thinking this, and now I have gotten myself confused.

Can one of our electronics 'experts' provide some info on how I would connect standard 9v battery tabs together, to create a single 9v supply.

Can I sodder the +'s and -'s wires together to a new 9v tab (reversed for connection to hilt-side 9v tab), or do I have to go from 1 battery terminal directly to the matching one, and then on to the main output tab?

I hope I am making some sense, here.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. A diagram with an explaination would probably be best, as this could become a reference to other less experienced builders, later.

xwingband
10-22-2006, 05:06 PM
It's just connecting the +'s and -'s. I'd glue the two tabs together back to back then solder the wires together.

It sort of sound like that what you said but it's hard to tell.

james3
10-22-2006, 07:52 PM
9volt #1 +
9volt #2 +

9volt #1 -
9volt #2 -

Are you using a buckpuck?

Strydur
10-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Take 2 and hook red-black

Take what you just made and hook it red-black on the 3rd tab