PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Weird wiring problem

JediEngineer
12-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Earlier today, one of my basic stunt sabers just stopped working normally for some reason. The past few times I used it, it was fine; I took out the kill key, pushed the av switch and the LED turned on. Nice and simple... But today when I pulled out the kill key and pressed the button it was on for a few seconds then shut off. Thinking that the battery wasn't supplying enough current through the buckpuck (which means that the battery was almost dead), I plugged it into my charger....

Here comes the strange part, with the charger in the recharge port, the saber still could turn on and off. When there's nothing in the port, the LED never turns on.

I checked the battery voltage and am getting the 7.4v, so the battery is fine.
I checked the connectivity to the LED when pressed/unpressed and its reacting fine.

I got no idea whats happening, I was wondering if it would be the recharge port, a possible short somewhere (that I couldnt find or think of) or possibly something else.

...help

Forgetful Jedi Knight
12-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Recharge ports have been known to go bad. Either that, or a connection came loose somewhere. Time to disassemble it and check everything over carefully.

Silver Serpent
12-23-2013, 05:59 AM
I'd focus my attention on the recharge port and the connections to it. It sounds like that's the source of your issues.