PDA

View Full Version : First Saber Help!

Darth Kenobi
12-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Ok I am back from visiting family and now I can update this thread! Here is my updated parts list. Could somebody move this to the correct forum thread if it is not in the right one please. I am not getting sound right now but it will probably upgrade it with sound later.
Parts list
---------
4 aaa battery holder 20 cents in the bargain basement! ��
3.3 5watt resistor for the led
Spst latching switch guarded silver button
Blade holder style 20
Pommel 11
Insert 12 and MPS clip
D ring belt mount
6 piece rubber grips 3.6 inch
Short style graflex pins
Graflex glass eye
Buying graflex red button replica from another website
Bunny ears
4-40 socket head screws 2x for bunny ears
Service for mounting bunny ears.
QUESTION. Do i have to order two services to mount the bunny ears or can I put it in one order?
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Rebel-Star-LED-MHS-Heatsink-Module-P653.aspx in cyan
Hilt style 1 with guarded switch hole

I don't want sound right now but will definitely add it later as this is a stunt saber.

Danz409
12-21-2013, 07:07 PM
building a light saber can be ether a simple task, or a several month process. depends on exactly what you want and how challenging the tasks are. usually custom milling detailing on some levels can get a bit tedious, there are TUNS of how-tos and tutorial threads/videos on building them. Novastar has some amazing sink-tube sabers to show for basics. you can blame him as to why i'm now building them... also if you have never soldered before. i highly suggest practicing on some scrap bits first. last thing you want is to accidentally remove a SMD device on a $180 CF board

the cool thing about this hobby is the project is never fully complete. there is always upgrading,parts swap, and detailing to do.
anyway. best of luck on your saber forging!