PDA

View Full Version : Help please check my wiring diagram

Malo241
12-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Hello again!! Well Parts are here. After checking out many many wiring diagrams and videos about soldering, wiring, do's and don'ts I hope/think I'm ready to sit down and give this a shot.

I chose a diagram that I found on the forum that I think resembles what i'm trying to do. It was slightly different so I modified it a bit.

The funny thing about this project is that the more that I learn and the more I take in the more I get confused :confused:. Like many New Saber builders my degree is not in electronics, so I personally feel the need to apologize constantly for my dumb questions. . I try to refrain from posting every single question I have because I know that the answer is likely buried somewhere on this forum. But this is only 1 of 2 forums I am a part of. So as weird as it may seem I'm kinda a nervous wreck about posting in general.. lol

Everyone who has responded to my other post has been welcoming, polite and informative. So I truly thank you for that.. ( My wife does too). :smile:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w532/Malo241/photo_zps696b059a.jpg (http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/Malo241/media/photo_zps696b059a.jpg.html)

Silver Serpent
12-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Swap those resistors around, you've got them in the wrong place.

Also, I'm assuming that the two middle posts on the switch are for the LED +/- contacts. If so, everything else is good to go.

Malo241
12-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks again SS.. Had a chance to wire up everything last night.. Almost everything worked.. I have no light in my AV switch. So I pulled apart and tested it separately and it still did not light up. LED is blown I guess. I should have tested before I put together so now I have a latching switch that does not light up. I'm not sure if it came that way or if I blew it some how. I followed the chart above switching the resistors as you suggested.. hmmmmm

Ok on to the next stage of building/modifying my stunt saber to have sound.

Silver Serpent
12-12-2013, 07:11 PM
It's possible you hooked up the LED backwards. If you have a 2aa holder with alkaline cells, you can briefly touch them to the switch LED contacts and see if it lights up.