PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer?

987654321a
10-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey guys, i was wondering which set of the prequel Star Wars movies you guys prefer. The original or the remastered ones? I myself prefer the remastered ones, because everything is way cooler. I especially like the part in episode 6 where in the end Luke see's Anakins force ghost.

james3
10-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Do you mean original trilogy?

My son likes seeing Hayden since it ties in for him but I prefer the original deal. Obi-Wan and Yoda died as older characters and they did not revert back to their younger versions. Throwing Hayden in makes a cute wrap up but it destroys the continuity.

As far as the special effects, whatever. I remember when what was done in the seventies was cool. I think that the story can compensate.

Now for the added stuff, well, I admit that I am all for that and would not mind if they continue with that.

987654321a
10-21-2006, 04:02 PM
wasnt anakin in the originals also old?

SilentBob501
10-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Why do like the young anakin at the end of episode 6?!! Thats freaking crazy talk! It doesnt even make sense. Luke never knew his father as a young man, Anakin's spirit wouldnt show itself to him like that. Furthermore if Anakin is young looking why isnt Obi-wan? Or Yoda? Not to mention it looks ridiculous, its just Haydens head on the old guy's body. Anakin never wore robes even remotely like those. Its just plain stupid!

...sorry I had to vent.

987654321a
10-21-2006, 05:06 PM
it just seems cool even tho i do prefer the old man. hey btw did you guys notice that in the last space battle in rotj, when there were explosions in space, how the hell could there be fire in space? after all space had no oxygen.

WeirdoTransvestite
10-21-2006, 05:18 PM
it just seems cool even tho i do prefer the old man. hey btw did you guys notice that in the last space battle in rotj, when there were explosions in space, how the hell could there be fire in space? after all space had no oxygen.

You mean it does now? Maybe it was the oxygen tank in the ships/fighters/death star fueling the boom. Or maybe it was plasma? who knows/cares?

Yoiaholic
10-21-2006, 07:34 PM
The explantion for the young head in episode 6 that I read was that the soul doesn't age once you fall to the darkside... Its plausible.

Lord Maul
10-21-2006, 10:21 PM
wasnt anakin in the originals also old?

no, it was vader and was one of the few scenes where vader had his helmet off

987654321a
10-21-2006, 10:26 PM
no i meant in the end where obi, yoda and anakin apear as force ghosts.

Lord Maul
10-21-2006, 10:34 PM
yeah, i know
that is what i was talkin bout too

987654321a
10-21-2006, 10:36 PM
oh........... you confuse me maul :shock:

Jedi-Loreen
10-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Me, too. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sick0013.gif

mike-jon-sims
10-22-2006, 12:26 AM
i gotta bring up the dance number in jabbas palace. id much rather see those puppets dancing around than the rediculous almost toy story looking cg charactors that stand out from the backround in the special edition.

james3
10-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Maul are you off of your pills again?

Yes Sebastian Shaw was Vader/Anakin in ROTJ. Like I said before for contiuity, I like him as the force ghost. I am not going to buy in to the Anakin's spirit didn't age Bullsnitz. They can try and spin it however they want but the bottom line is that they made it easier for little kids to see every thing connect at the end.

I love the story, at the end of the day GL can do what the heck ever he wants and I will still love the story. Hayden as a force ghost is great for all the youngins. I just have my personal preference.

I have to admit that when they went back and did the special editions that I was suprised that they did not redo all the Rotoscoping. Luke's saber would have been a deeper blue throughout ANH similar to ROTS and ESB.

AAHHH, ESB, Now I am not to sure you could mess up that movie. I think that it is still my favorite film of the series with ROTS maybe trailing in to second place.

GFORCE13
10-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Well once again just after buying the BB Collectable Tin Boxset($ to George) we proceeded to watch the OT on the Tv Speakers(70's Style) only no Home Theather and then watch the OT SE with full surround, I got to admit I really like the originals better, Han shoots first, Jub Jub Ewok ROTJ ending, I just wish he would remaster these to the level of the SE versions. But it will probably never happen. I just really hope and pray that ILM doesn't digitize Yoda in the OT Movies as they are planning in the future. :? :(

Lord Maul
10-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I just really hope and pray that ILM doesn't digitize Yoda in the OT Movies as they are planning in the future.

they want to do that!!!!!
i would hate it, i love how yoda looks like he has totally extreme arthritis in the OT. him being all fluent in motion would make him not look 800 years old

GFORCE13
10-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately George Lucas has said that he wants to match the OT Yoda with the new Prequel Digital one, Yeah I cringe at the thought. :x

SilentBob501
10-26-2006, 03:13 AM
from what ive heard Lucas is only planning on releasing ep 1 with the digital yoda for the 6 dvd box set.

...my question is why did they try to make yoda look younger in the prequels? Its only supposed to be 30 some odd years before ANH. I dont think that someone who is 900 years old would change all that much in, what is to yoda, a very short amount of time.

987654321a
10-26-2006, 03:30 PM
i like the old yoda not the cgi one, it makes yoda seem more lifelike!