PDA

View Full Version : Help for my first project!!

Arashi LV426
11-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Hy guys,
I am planning my first light saber. I have no experience in electronics but a little practical help can give it to me my brother. In the meantime we are trying to understand the operation of the Petit Crouton and observing the photo, you wonder if you can accomplish what I have shown that with this sound card.
But above all: what are the "accents LEDs"? And the "protection PCBs"?
Thank to all!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-13-2013, 04:10 PM
You should be able to do what you want, more or less.

Accent LED's are little LEDs, like the one you have near your main switch. However, the Petit Crouton can only handle 2 accent LEDs in addition to the LED for your Anti-Vandal switch. The only way you can really do the LEDs around the grips, is to have one LED and let it shine though the multiple holes.

"Protection PCBs" are little circuit boards that protect your batteries. They basically protect the batteries from over charging and over discharging.

Arashi LV426
11-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the explanation!
I'm slowly trying to figure out how to use the card Petit Crouton. Can you tell me exactly what kind of LED I have to order for the use of LEDs accent? One would like to secure it to the left of the anti vandal switch and the second to illuminate the handle. Now that I think about it, with the same LED as I can illuminate the back of the pommel because covered by the speaker, right?
So, as an alternative, I could use one of the two accent LEDs to illuminate a crystal inside the hilt? And finally, sorry (!), how can I decide if the two accent LEDs should remain lit steadily or flashing?
Thank you again so much.

Arashi

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Usually accent LEDs are either the 3mm or 5mm variety, that require around 20mA to run. If you have the speaker at the back of the hilt, it's not likely that you will be able to use the "hilt LED" to light that up. Remember you have two accent LEDs, if you use one for the hilt, and one next to the switch, that's your two. Past that, it takes more advanced wiring if you want to try to add more accent LEDs.

Arashi LV426
11-17-2013, 02:07 AM
Ok,
so I can use the second accent LEDs to illuminate the crystal, right? But still do not understand what determines the steady or intermittent in that accent LEDs? Of course I wish I had the crystal is always on (after removing the kill key) and the second accent LED flashes when the blade is still turned off. It is possible, I think. But I have no idea how to make it in the diagram :confused::confused:. Can you help? :)

Bye!

WookieeGunner
11-17-2013, 10:13 AM
OK, I want to take a step back first. You show several blue LED's. Are you wanting a solid light to shine through those holes, or a blinking light? Are you wanting them all to be a single glow or individually blinking?

It sounds like what you are wanting is to have an internal light glow from inside your handle to simulate the crystal being there. Is this correct? If so, you might look at actually using a single blade LED at the top of the handle shining downward. I think (not positive with TCSS LED's) that you can do with without the lens and get a pretty wide dispersal.

Arashi LV426
11-18-2013, 03:17 AM
To simplify what I think to build: If I can make the venue for the Crystal, the handle will not only enlighten but I lighting the knob, but I have no idea how to get over the speaker with LED. If I understand correctly, you say that with the same blade can turn LED the Crystal? But I think I'll use an accent LED. If I illuminate the Crystal with a Seoul P4, you think it's too intense?