PDA

View Full Version : PC 2.0 has no sound

Noyl Wendor
10-25-2013, 08:27 PM
So I wired up my PC and when I pulled the killkey I got sound momentarily then I no longer got any sound. I do have FOC and the Main LED working. I just have no sound. I've tried the "mute on the go" function but don't seem to be making any progress at getting the sound going again.
I have tried two different speakers, pulled the SD card and looked at the config file. Everything seems as normal.
Any suggestions?

Silver Serpent
10-26-2013, 06:17 AM
How are the batteries? Freshly charged?

Noyl Wendor
10-26-2013, 06:22 AM
How are the batteries? Freshly charged?
New battery, not charged (fully). Also used a 3.7 lit-ion to test, that had a full charge on it. Did not think of that as an issue. I've not had trouble with undercharged batteries and sound. Usually its undercharged batteries and light. I will give that a go.

Noyl Wendor
10-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Still nothing, so I am pretty much out of ideas and things to check to get sound going on this board.
Thanks for the tips SS ;)

Silver Serpent
10-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm going to assume you've checked the wiring to the speaker?

Also, sometimes the data on the SD card gets corrupted. Just because you can read it on your computer, doesn't mean that the sound card can read it properly. You might try reformatting the SD card and reloading the sound font and config files.

If it's not that, I'm out of ideas.

Ty_Bomber
10-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Can we get a pick of the board's wiring?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Can we get a pick of the board's wiring?
Yeah, we're going to need to see pictures of this.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-27-2013, 10:22 PM
You may also have inadvertently created a bridge with a solder drop. It happens. Look the whole thing over with a magnifying glass just to be sure.

Noyl Wendor
10-27-2013, 11:34 PM
You may also have inadvertently created a bridge with a solder drop. It happens. Look the whole thing over with a magnifying glass just to be sure.
True, I've been over it a few times. Cleaned and re-soldered the pads, looked it over pretty good. But not with a magnifying glass. So I will take a look tomorrow. Still not a lot I can really think of left to do. I do have pics but will have to do that tomorrow as well. So very very tired :wink:

Sarich
10-28-2013, 07:57 AM
You mentioned testing the board with a 3.7 volt cell, is that what you are using to actually run the saber? If so, then you aren't supplying the board with enough power to run it. If you are using a 7.4 pack, then I'll shut up and go sit in the corner.

Noyl Wendor
10-28-2013, 10:09 PM
You mentioned testing the board with a 3.7 volt cell, is that what you are using to actually run the saber? If so, then you aren't supplying the board with enough power to run it. If you are using a 7.4 pack, then I'll shut up and go sit in the corner.
Don't sit in the corner LOL :) I put a 3.7 on it just to test. My actual power source is 7.4v . After having gone over it a few more times I finally gave it up and am having it looked over by one of the pros :D so I know the issue will be found.
To Silver Serpent :) we think alike my friend, that was one of the first things that came to my mind as well. I not only reformatted the SD and reloaded it, I used a separate SD that I have here as back up. Still a very good idea. I tip my hat to you. Alas that was not the issue either.
Thanks for the input everyone :). I'll keep updating as I figure out what is going on.

ASCI Blue
11-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Did you plug the SD card in? ;)