PDA

View Full Version : NB resistor question

DROiD
10-21-2013, 02:07 PM
I have been trolling the boards silently for a while now, and am trying to modify a saber that i have.

I am going to get all parts from TCSS and am going with the NB Board.

I am going to use all JST parts to make it as simple as possible.

From what i have seen, I just need to know which resistor to use with the Lux Rebel Deep Red LED.

The LED is from the site, but im not sure about the calculation.

So, NB with JST, 18650 3.7 2600mAh PCB Protected bat, and Lux Rebel Star LED Deep Red.

The store says that the LED should run at 700mAh but i dont know what resistor to use.

i dont quite understand the calculators that i've googled with enough to know, so i figured asking wouldn't hurt before i click purchase on the store, lol

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-21-2013, 02:16 PM
First off, Welcome to the Forums.

A 2 Ohm 1W resistor will be fine for you, the store may not have it, so anything with a higher wattage rating will be fine, but try to keep the Ohms as close to 2 as possible.

DROiD
10-21-2013, 02:24 PM
The store has a 2.2 Ohm 5 Watt resistor, would this work? and what would be the difference between a 2Ohm/1Watt versus this 2.2Ohm/5Wwatt resistor?

there is also a 1 ohm 2 watt, could i use two of these for 2ohm/4 watts? how would that work?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes, a 2.2 Ohm, 5W would work. The 2.2 Ohm 5W resistor would likely be a bit bigger.

The math for combining resistors does not work that way. ;)

Silver Serpent
10-22-2013, 05:08 AM
You can add two 1 ohm 2 watt resistors in series, and you'll end up with a 2 ohm 2 watt resistor equivalent. The ohms will add up in series, but the wattage does not.