PDA

View Full Version : Stuck switch. HELP

Renaissance Jedi
10-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Anyone have any idea how to un-stick a short latching av switch. Of course I finish my saber and the switch quits. It stopped latching for a while, so I set the config file for a momentary switch and everything turned out just fine. Suddenly, the switch decided to latch again and is now stuck in the latched position. I'm really bummed because now I cannot activate my saber. Ideas anyone?

Zzan
10-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Easiest answer is to replace the switch. It may be possible to disassemble the switch and fix the spring/latching mechanism but I don't know if it would be possible or even worth the time to try.

Sorry, wish I knew more about the switches and could give you detailed instructions, but I don't know if you can get to the innards of the switch easily enough to attempt repair without damaging it further, or beyond being able to put it back together.

Renaissance Jedi
10-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks. I am hesitant to open the switch. Unfortunately, the wiring in my saber is very complex as I have a forward facing speaker in the middle of the hilt, so I do not know how easily I could even remove the switch and install a new one without screwing everything up. I think that my best bet is to simply order a new switch. Thanks though.