PDA

View Full Version : Nano Biscotte screeches then reboots

ashur
10-08-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm pulling my hair out here trying to figure out what is going on with my NB sound card. I'm fairly positive that I have everything wired correctly. I get power and activation from my AV illuminated switch, my kill key and recharge port work correctly, and I get a boot sound, and clash, swing, and power on/off sounds. One problem is that I've always had trouble getting swings to trigger a sound from the board, and this is after dropping the parameters on the config file to really low values. The second, major problem is that after maybe 20 seconds of activation, my speaker lets out a series of high pitched beeps/screeches and reboots.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I read in a thread further down this page that a low battery can cause problems but I tried this with a fully charged battery and it still happens. Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated. I can also post pics of my wiring if needed.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes, please post pictures, including good closeups of the wiring on the NB and the speakers. Offhand, it sounds like you could have something causing a short somewhere.

ashur
10-09-2013, 12:20 PM
92179218Ok a little more info on the problem...I don't think it's the speaker since since the NB still dies and reboots without the speaker attached (I'm using JST connectors for everything except the accent switch pad). I'm also using the wiring harness that I bought from the shop, I have heard that some of the connections can be loose but all on my harness are snug. I'm posting from work so I'll try to get some good pics to upload when I get home.

Sevinzol
10-09-2013, 08:08 PM
have you tried a different SD card? or reformatted this one? I know it doesn't sound like a card problem but eliminating it helps narrow down the suspects