PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Check

infiniteprime
09-07-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm rather new to Saber building, although I have done a few rewiring jobs. I have followed the instructions with the NB board, but can't seem to get the blasted thing to work. Can anyone of you experts out there take a look over my crude diagram and perhaps give a pointer or two?

Edit: fixed the image

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Well, if what you drew is representative of what you actually have, it looks like you might have the battery (-) and the LED (-) pads reversed on the board.

infiniteprime
09-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Corrected the wiring diagram to reflect what I actually have. Still no luck in getting anything to work. Am I overlooking something and I just don't see it?

Silver Serpent
09-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Take a pic of your wiring. Maybe we can see what's going on.

infiniteprime
09-08-2013, 06:29 PM
As requested actual wiring

Silver Serpent
09-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Wiring looks correct. I can't see the soldering on the LED star too well, so there might be an issue there.

A few questions:

Have you tried charging the battery?
What exactly is the saber doing or not doing?
Do you have a momentary or a latching switch?

infiniteprime
09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Wiring looks correct. I can't see the soldering on the LED star too well, so there might be an issue there.

A few questions:

Have you tried charging the battery?
What exactly is the saber doing or not doing?
Do you have a momentary or a latching switch?

Tried 4 different battery packs, all fully charged, as well as different LEDs. Momentary switch

Silver Serpent
09-09-2013, 12:13 PM
I'd like to see a closeup of the soldering for the wiring harness on the NB.

Did you do the soldering yourself, or get the prewired version? And if you did the soldering yourself, did you remember to remove the SD card before you started soldering?

Do you get a boot sound when you plug in the battery pack, or does it sit there and remain completely unresponsive?

infiniteprime
09-10-2013, 04:46 PM
I'd like to see a closeup of the soldering for the wiring harness on the NB.

Did you do the soldering yourself, or get the prewired version? And if you did the soldering yourself, did you remember to remove the SD card before you started soldering?

Do you get a boot sound when you plug in the battery pack, or does it sit there and remain completely unresponsive?

Soldered the harness into the board without soundcard. Doesn't do a thing

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Well, Did you put the SD card (not a sound card) back in? Before you do that, please make sure that the SD card actually has files on it.

Also good, close up pictures of the soldering on the NB and on the LED would help us see where you might be having issues. Generally speaking, many issues come from poor soldering and accidental bridging of 2 pads. Good, high quality pictures are EXTREMELY helpful to us in diagnosing what your issue could be.