PDA

View Full Version : Could someone verify my lightsaber parts please!

khisanth
08-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Hello all
This is my first attempt at making a lightsaber and I was hoping someone could critique, suggest, or offer opinions on the parts I have selected. the only thing I do not have on the list is the blade. I have been reading up on what others have posted on their builds. This finished product will be a darth talon lightsaber hence the recharge port. so here it is

Screw on LED blade holder style 23
MPS Pommel style 6
MPS Insert style 6
2" Double female threaded connector
Double ended male threaded connector style 1
MPS Clip
Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
2.1mm plug adapter for smart charger
Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module
Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery
1ohm 2w resistor
Acrylic Chassis Disc for PC 2.0 and 18500/18650 pack (Red)
Stainless 4-40 all thread
MWS Guarded Style Latching Switches
Hilt style 1 with guarded style switch hole
Kill plug style 4

Thanks!!

GFJedi
08-21-2013, 05:49 PM
parts list looks ok just looking over it. I assume you are going red/orange/amber led? you might want to go slightly higher on the ohms (like 2 to 3 ohms, 2w) since the single 18650 can actually hold around 4.2-4.3v on a full recharge, just a little safety to not overdrive the led for longevity. And you also need the li-ion smart charger.

khisanth
08-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the reply! Yes a smart charger is on my list as well. Ill bump up the resistor :)
As for a blade I was thinking of going with the Corbin blade. Do you think that's a good choice?

Silver Serpent
08-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Any/all of the premade blades look nice. The Corbin style is a good choice.

For your resistor value, you can use the link in my sig. I believe the Rebel warm colors (red, orange, amber) are around 2.1v @ 700mA. I'd doublecheck, but the store page appears to be down atm. A 2.7ohm 2W resistor should do nicely with your setup. If you are using a different color or brand of LED, you'll need to recalculate the resistor value.

khisanth
08-22-2013, 02:01 PM
thanks for the link. the parts are ordered and now I wait! I appreciate the input!

mayya
10-26-2013, 06:04 AM
Sick of the black forums skin? So was I...
We have added a few color options for the forums.. you can select them in the bottom left of the forums.