PDA

View Full Version : Rekos: Ascension!!

Arryck Corso
08-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey everyone! Over the past few months, as time has permitted, I have been drawing and designing a few different ideas I've had floating around in my head. The one I present to you today I've come to call Rekos: Ascension. It should be obvious what the inspiration for this saber was. As I said in the past Rahm Kota's saber is my favorite saber. This design is an homage to his saber, but with a little artistic license.

Keeping in line with my own personal philosophy of 'less is more' I incorporated the control box into the hilt as opposed to on the hilt. This section houses the switches and recharge port. A few details were added to complete the look. On the left I've added 4 accent LED's and on the right I plan to machine 3 vents, mostly because I think it looks cool! ;) Next is an inlaid leather grip and finally a custom pommel finishes it off.

Finally I've been wanting to build a saber with a crystal chamber but I wanted it to be at the right time. I feel like this idea is perfect for a crystal chamber. Recently I have been very inspired by the attention to detail of Goodman's G-Core, so I took some cues from his work. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery and hopefully Goodman feels the same way! :D

Anyways I would love to get some feedback from everyone -- good or bad. Opinions, thoughts, ideas, and suggestions are all welcome and encouraged. And don't worry you're not gonna hurt my feelings. Finally you'll have to forgive the quality of the pics below. I'm not familiar with any of the 3D CAD programs available....so....MS Paint it is. Hey, it's not fancy, but it works!!

To see the full image just right click and open the image in a new tab. Thanks for looking! MTFBWY.

http://imageshack.us/a/img819/8516/q25r.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img90/1378/0gl9.png

DarthMarr
08-15-2013, 09:15 PM
cant wait to see it!!!

Evilpancreas
08-16-2013, 11:51 AM
That is an amazing looking saber. I was considering doing a leather binding/handle on mine as well, but am a little reluctant to go about and actually do it. I really feel like the saber would look really good if you did the olive oil weathering technique. With that leather, that would look perfect. If you do get around to making this saber, keep us posted with a building log.

Arryck Corso
08-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Build log will definitely be forth coming.....but more than likely I'm still a couple of months out from starting this one. Stay tuned though!!!