PDA

View Full Version : Question about wiring FOC PC 2.0

Defcon4
08-04-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm nearing completion of the wiring portion of my first saber. Thanks again to those have assisted me during the build.

I have encountered a problem with the flash on clash. The diagram in the PC 2.0 manual is pretty straight forward.

I have soldered in a power xtender 2.0 . Wiring the back three points on the xtender to the positive and negative of the battery pads on the card and the center(foc) to the flash on clash pad.

The front two pads on the xtender were soldered to the Pos and Neg of the alternate LED. I used a jst connector between the xtender pad and LED so I could disconnect if needed. I have my resistor on the positive side.

Problem: I'm not getting any response from the LED from the FOC pad or power xtender side of things. All my solder joints turned out really well, and I've tested the led by disconnecting the jst and plugging it into the
jst female of the Main LED and it worked fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue .. or if I missed something in the manuals that requires parameters to be changed on the card.

Any direction or help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Def

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Well, I would need to see some good, high quality pics of the power extender and the PC

Ty_Bomber
08-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Did you bridge the two + pads on the top of the power xtender board? I had similar problems as you the first time I wired the PC and it was because those two pads weren't connected. That space is made for mounting a resistor, but I mount mine in line usually, so I neglected that the first time round. If you have everything else looking good that would be my guess as to your issue.

Defcon4
08-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Thank you guys for the quick response.

Jedi, you're right I probably should have uploaded pics from the start. I realize after the fact that it makes it harder for you guys to help if you don't get a look at the project.

As I read bombers reply I realized that had not bridged the two positives pads. I thought I would take care of that first to see if that was my only issue, before posting pics.

Sure enough .. that did the trick! Thank you, Ty_Bomber.

Again, I appreciate you guys coming to the rescue.

Ty_Bomber
08-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Anytime. Glad it was an easy fix.