PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chattanooga Tennessee

DareDevil45
08-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Hey guys! I'm new here and have been reading a ton on the forum this past week. I'm really excited to start making some sabers soon. I'll post my parts list in the appropriate thread when I've got it organized. I plan to do my first saber for my twin as a gift, but secretly I want to get all the bugs to building one out on his first lol. Then I plan to do a double-bladed build for myself. I want to put FoC and Sound in both sabers, and might try a recharger port in mine. I was wondering if double-bladed sabers required 2 sound boards or do you just bridge both, the main LEDs and the FoC LEDs. As of right now I plan to use the Obsodion 3.0 board and Tri-Rebel LEDs. I've also been reading quite a few build threads and was wondering why no one uses 9v batteries. Anyways, I'll post up some build lists and see what you guys think.

Silver Serpent
08-02-2013, 05:16 AM
9v batteries are designed for low current applications. The LEDs we use are a high current application. A typical 9v battery with a 1000mA draw will last about 10 minutes, with a very rapid voltage drop. Using one in a saber, you'd see a reasonably bright blade for a minute or two, followed by a rapid dimming until the saber died about 5-8 minutes later.

Or you could use li-ion and play for an hour or so, and have a bright blade the whole time.

Boj-Vaati Mau
08-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Howdy from California and the Golden Gate Knights!

Starwinder
08-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the forum! This is definitely the place to be to get started!
My dad and a handful of my family live in Chattanooga, so all the cooler to see the hobby catch on there. The people here are great and helpful so definitely don't hesitate to ask any questions. Enjoy your saber-building! ;)