PDA

View Full Version : Battery to MR board to LED correct??

darkeyedkid
07-29-2013, 09:36 PM
How's this look for the Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module?

Jay-gon Jinn
08-01-2013, 04:12 PM
That is correct.

Don Se Wion
08-02-2013, 12:52 AM
As far as I can see this seems to be a Windu board and I think I can suggest a little and easy modification to improve it a little.

This particular saber used a battery pack with 6x AA alcalines, wired in two series of 3 cells connected in parallel to double the runtime.
Since it was designed for standard alcaline batteries, it was necessary to isolate the two battery packs from each other, to avoid one pack "recharging" the other. This is achieved with the two diodes you can find on the board just near the two positive battery wires (top left corner in your picture).

My suggestion is to remove one of the diodes and wire the battery positive directly on the board with a single wire, ignoring the second wire/diode.

The reason for this mod is that you are already using a 3.7V battery instead of the native 4.5V and the diode will add a small but noticeable voltage drop, expecially with your planned setup.

This board is already a bad performer to my eyes, I used two of them in the past and never been able to draw more than 800mA to the blade led out of them.
Dropping the battery voltage around 3V would probably end in a dim blade.

darkeyedkid
08-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Good to know thanks. This was just taken off the diagram samples on the forum. I'm actually not sure what board I wanna use. I've got my eyes (and ears) on the Luke 2007 ROTJ, Luke 2007 ANH, and the Anakin ROTS 2005/2007 boards. Jay Gon, you're the expert with these. Which would you suggest?

darkeyedkid
08-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Well I think I've decided on the Luke 2007 ROTJ board. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be a diagram of that one up on the forum. Jay-gon, do you (or somebody else) have any diagrams of that board? If not, I'd be happy to buy it, take a pic and have it added to the MR board diagrams section by someone who knows their MR wiring. (ie Jay?). ;)

Jay-gon Jinn
08-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I'd have to see a picture of the actual board first....I don't recall there being a Luke ROTJ FX released in 2007, just the ANH version.

darkeyedkid
08-12-2013, 05:47 PM
I'd have to see a picture of the actual board first....I don't recall there being a Luke ROTJ FX released in 2007, just the ANH version.

Photography is a hobby of mine. If I do get it, it'll be a good picture. ;) That's what the listing says. I'm thinking the same that it's not really 2007 and the guy who's selling it may mean 2005. *shrugs*
Anywoot, here's the link to the board Jay. Hopefully people who see this will be extra nice and not buy it before me, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350840939914?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649