PDA

View Full Version : where in the hilt to place the NB?

Noyl Wendor
07-13-2013, 10:52 AM
I was thinking about my current chassis set up, right now the board is near the back of the pommel. I have an idea to make my hilt set up work but I wanted to know if there is any sort of "formula" for board placement in the hilt. My PC is mounted in the back of its current hilt, but never did I think of placing it forward. Being as how the NB is smaller....
1)Should I leave it in the back?
2)What differences could I look forward to having the board mounted near the BH?
Any thoughts?

Yoshi-Taka
07-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Better access to the sd card is in the back. A pommel is generally easier to remove than a blade holder, in my experience. However, a front-facing NB is doable. I've never done it, because I've found removing a pommel safer and faster.

GFJedi
07-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Anywhere it fits is fine, the only caution is to make sure you don't locate it at the center of your normal grip position due to the way it registers motion. You will lose a lot of motion sensitivity with the card centered in the grip of your hand.

Noyl Wendor
07-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Okay good point. However I am doing a "sliding" clamp in the front (top) of the hilt (should have explained that, sorry) so there won't be a need to unscrew a pommel or BH. I will get some pics posted when I make some more progress. Really just in the planning stage atm.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Anywhere it fits is fine, the only caution is to make sure you don't locate it at the center of your normal grip position due to the way it registers motion. You will lose a lot of motion sensitivity with the card centered in the grip of your hand.

It is normally recommended to have the board towards the back of the hilt (for any number of reasons). Putting it near where you grip the saber or in front of where you would grip the saber WILL affect it's ability to register motion as GFJedi said.

Noyl Wendor
07-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Okay cool, thanks guys. I actually did get it mounted some what near the front. So far it has not had an adverse effect on the motion detection. I should have some pics up here soon