PDA

View Full Version : Greetings friends...

Jedi Knight
07-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Hey my name is Joe and I'm from AZ.

I'm a bit new at lightsaber craft. I've been dueling for almost a year and a half and I've finally decided to step up and start my own build.

I am having a few problems with getting the electronics from this US Dark Initiate. I am trying to recycle the LED and battery pack because somehow the guarded switch got busted.

If anyone can help me, shoot me a message please!

Thanks again for reading!

Silver Serpent
07-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Welcome to the forums. What specifically are you having issues with? Are you having trouble physically removing the electronics? Do you just want to replace the switch? Looking to to a complete rebuild?

More information is required.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

Jedi Knight
07-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Well... what I want is a blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card I can find AND I want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. Lol see what I did there? A little n00b humor.

Either way I was able to remove the electronics from the saber as well as disassemble a broken Master Replica Vader ESB and take out the Sound Module. Basically what I am trying to do is buy a MHS hilt and use the recycled Blue LED with the MR Vader Sound Module and power source. Is that even possible?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Well... what I want is a blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card I can find AND I want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. Lol see what I did there? A little n00b humor.

Uh huh. Trust me, you noobs generally keep me (and friends) amused (or otherwise entertained) for a long time, even long after you don't think you do. There are about a half dozen noobs running around here now that keep me amused for one reason or another.:D

Silver Serpent
07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
What you want to do is certainly possible, and has been done many times before. Check around the forums and you should find some wiring diagrams for the MR Vader board. It shouldn't have any trouble driving your blue LED.

Then, play around with the MHS builder to get a workable saber design. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/mhsbuilder.php

When you've settled on a design, post a parts list for some of the veterans to look over. We're pretty good at noticing the things you're missing.

Jedi Knight
07-10-2013, 11:11 PM
A buddy of mine already bought an MHS and electronics for me to assemble. I'm going over to a buddies house for a sort of hands on training session on how to build a basic dueling saber. This Vader MHS sound card build is a special project so I can have an econo sound saber for next years Phoenix Comicon.

Thanks for the advice so far Silver Serpent!