PDA

View Full Version : Mandalorian Jedi?

Eclipse
10-12-2006, 11:53 AM
ok was there ever a Jedi who adorned the Mandalorian armor?? I was thinking it would be pretty cool to see a Mandalorian Jedi holstering 2 Sabers.

james3
10-12-2006, 11:59 AM
We have done this already. No the Mandolorians did not do Jedi. The Jedi were the direct enemy of the Mandolorians.

Does a Mandolorian look cool with a lightsaber sure, but ya ain't going to get a Mandolorian Jedi. To much has already been played out for that to be the case.

Wouldn't this maybe be a better discussion in Misc?

JediMcD
10-12-2006, 12:46 PM
No there were never Jedi with mandalorian armor. Now you could do a Jedi from the Clone Wars cartoon series. They wore pieces of clone trooper armor. I think that looked pretty cool. They looked pretty tough. I have seen a few costumes done like that, and it looks good. They still retain that Jediness (you like that new word I just created) with the robes, but they add the tough look of armor.

I am with James though that this might fit better in the Misc. category. The costuming section was more for the build up of actual costumes. That way it doesn't get clogged up with a ton of dead threads. I'm not getting on your case. I just thought it might get more discussion going in Misc. than here.

Dalesabers
10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
actually there is a record of a mandalorian jedi. It's not born yet but it is mentioned in the Republic Commando tiple zero book. One of the clone commandos knocks up his jedi general and she ends up giving birth to the kid.

JediMcD
10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Even if that is the case it doesn't tell us if the child follows the way of the Jedi. Just because one is born to a jedi does not make one a jedi.

Dalesabers
10-19-2006, 12:37 PM
even so the child has the jedi and the mandalorian blood in it. So it kind of makes it a mandalorian jedi in a way.

Mor-El Kesav
11-01-2006, 06:04 PM
In the Republic Commando series, by Karen Traviss, there was a Jedi that wore Mandolarian Armor on the latter missions in the book Triple Zero. He was the Jedi in charge of some the Commando/Special Forces units during the Clone Wars. He was not a main line Jedi character and I can't recall his name off the top of my head, nor can I look it up because I sent the books to my son in Afghanistan.

Generally speaking the Mandalorians hate the Jedi, they sided with the Sith during the Stark Hyperspace Wars if memory serves me. During the Clone Wars the lines began to blur a bit. So it is a stretch but there IS a Jedi that wore the Armor.

Mor-El Kesav
11-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Found him. Bardan Jusik. You can read about him here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bardan_Jusik

james3
11-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Well, I reckon I will stand down. I admit this really seems off but hey, isn't that why we all complain about continuity in Star Wars anyway? :roll: :)

Mor-El Kesav
11-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Well, I reckon I will stand down. I admit this really seems off but hey, isn't that why we all complain about continuity in Star Wars anyway? :roll: :)

James, if I hadn't recently finished the Republic Commando series I wouldn't have remembered that character. The books are EU so the character isn't canon by any means. I think that Lucas still considers the Mandolorians as mortal enemies of the Jedi.

Jediman
11-14-2006, 11:45 AM
My Star Wars character is actually a Jedi who's parents were a jedi and mandalore....he gets the both of best worlds with the force and the ability at being really great at mercanary skills :)

It can happen!

james3
11-14-2006, 01:20 PM
It could happen.

And I reckon that Ponda Boba and Chewbacca could of had a thing to huh? http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused3.gif

GFORCE13
11-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Would be interesting, you will definitely have to post pictures. 8)

Wolverine
11-14-2006, 10:45 PM
My Star Wars character is actually a Jedi who's parents were a jedi and mandalore....he gets the both of best worlds with the force and the ability at being really great at mercanary skills :)

It can happen!

"mercanary skills" would be a learned thing, thus anyone can have them, the term mercanary, means your a hired hand, a militant mercanary, or "Gorilla" mercanary, would imply you have tactical skill, and can impliment your skill in a hostile, or wartime environment. But simply saying "Mercanary" is too broad. :wink:

elrond.406
12-20-2006, 08:43 PM
I recall Boba Fett wielding a lightsaber against Darth Vader at one point.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/5c/VaderFett.jpg

james3
12-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, we all have seen that too. Your missing the point. Han Solo was way cool in ESB when he used Luke's lightsaber to cut open the belly of his dead stead, that don't make Han Solo a Jedi.

elrond.406
12-20-2006, 09:10 PM
A stead? :? I thought it was a tauntaun...

darthdan
12-20-2006, 10:07 PM
wow. steed. mount. thing you ride.

james3
12-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Yep! thanks for the spelling help Dan. :wink:

Eclipse
12-22-2006, 02:40 AM
wow. steed. mount. thing you ride.

biting my toung....... can turn that into so much..... wife would kikck my but lol.

james3
12-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Now that there is funny.

TI-525
12-29-2006, 02:42 PM
mandalorian's hate jedi, so it would ruin the point of it

Ryma Mara
12-29-2006, 02:46 PM
But you cant deny the fact that the mandalorian armor if bomb bad awsome.

Cern
03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Cade Skywalker wears Mandalorian-like armour under his duster:

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/4a/Legacycrew.jpg

though he's not technically a Jedi anymore

elrond.406
03-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I think he wore Vader's... :?

Lord Maul
03-06-2007, 10:05 PM
vader's was burnt on Endor, watch episode 6 :wink:

elrond.406
03-06-2007, 10:39 PM
the bottom half wasnt, cade wore it on his chest or something...

Jedi Ranger
03-07-2007, 03:15 AM

What?!?! That makes no sense.

Do you even read what you type?

james3
03-07-2007, 07:42 AM

What?!?! That makes no sense.

Do you even read what you type?

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_flush.gif

Don't we already know the answer to that JR?

Wolverine
03-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Cade Skywalker wears Mandalorian-like armour under his duster:

The fact that anyone wears Mandalorian Armor doesn't make them Mandalorian,
Luke Skywalker wore Stormtrooper armor, doesn't make him a Stormtrooper. :wink:

I think he wore Vader's... :?

vader's was burnt on Endor, watch episode 6 :wink:

He meant Vader's type, or Vader "like" armor

...http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_flush.gif

Don't we already know the answer to that JR?

Too damn funny Jim :wink:

:P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :wink:

elrond.406
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
No, I meant Darth Vader's, but I mistook it for a different skywalker, sorry :oops: :oops: ...

Wolverine
03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Got ya. :wink:

I know Luke supposedly wore his father's armor for a short time, and also supposedly used the Darkside of the force, also for a short time, both things were short lived, in the comic book I believe. That's also were the "white" Vader came from, he was the ghost of Vader. :wink:

elrond.406
03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I forgot which Skywalker wore it, but the suit survived the crementation on Endor, and the Skywalker apperantly recovered it and wore it.

TimeRender
03-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I thought the white armor vader was from an alternate ending comic book where he survived the fight with the emperor on the deathstar.

elrond.406
03-07-2007, 09:26 PM
TOTAL THREAD DERAILMENT ALERT!

Oh, whatever... :roll: :twisted:

Wolverine
03-07-2007, 09:54 PM
I thought the white armor vader was from an alternate ending comic book where he survived the fight with the emperor on the deathstar.

I wasn't sure, but it seems you are correct. I found this on the Sith Training Temple (http://www.sithtrainingtemple.com/phpBB2/index.php) website :wink: 8)

"Dark Horse published a series of alternative universe comics where one change in the story line produces a completely different outcome. The ROTJ comics in this series had DV survive and adopt white armour. There's only one panel on the last page of the fourth of the comics which shows this."

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/maia_vader/Vader%20pics/InfinitiesVader_3.jpg

Wish I had caught this. :wink:

DERAILMENT ACHIEVED -Now back to the regularly scheduled Topic :lol: :lol:

Lord Maul
03-07-2007, 11:15 PM
in that ending does the emperor survive as well :?:
with that brief strip, it appears so :?

Barmic Rin
03-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Return of the Jedi: Infinities was the name of the series that strip was from.

Here's some spoilers incase you can't get your hands on a copy (which is fantastic):

Palps lives to fight another day. :o

Vader/ Anakin is redeemed to lightside hence white armor. :o

Boba doesn't end up as lunch for the sarlacc courtesy of a certain temporarily blind corellian. Talking of whom..... I don't wanna spoilt that one for you! :twisted:

There's plenty other surprises in store,
But most importantly.... NO HAPPY BEAR SONG!!!!!!!!! YUB-YUB THIS, YOU FURRY LIL ****!!!!!!!!
:D :D

Barmic Rin
03-08-2007, 06:37 AM
And as a lil note, Empire infinities was even better than Jedi.
Grab a copy & see what you think of Leia's saber hilt in that.

Back on topic:

I have seen a larper who done custom mando armor in black & purples with twin Purple sabers. Kinda cool but too non-canon for me.
I think the story for the character was a Mando/sith kid, as opposed to jedi, hence the darker colour scheme.

I'll see if I can find the pics.

elrond.406
03-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Return of the Jedi: Infinities was the name of the series that strip was from.

Here's some spoilers incase you can't get your hands on a copy (which is fantastic):

Palps lives to fight another day. :o

Vader/ Anakin is redeemed to lightside hence white armor. :o

Boba doesn't end up as lunch for the sarlacc courtesy of a certain temporarily blind corellian. Talking of whom..... I don't wanna spoilt that one for you! :twisted:

There's plenty other surprises in store,
But most importantly.... NO HAPPY BEAR SONG!!!!!!!!! YUB-YUB THIS, YOU FURRY LIL ****!!!!!!!!
:D :D

Boba survived episode 6...

james3
03-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Nimrod! You are missing the point. Go get the book and learn something.

Barmic Rin
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Not this version!!! :shock: :shock:

I know canonically he did, and went on to be just as bad-ass well into old age, but this is an 'INFINITIES' universe, hence all the differences!!!! :?

Marsupial
03-08-2007, 10:34 AM

and greedo shot first.

james3
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Oh I can't believe you went there. 8)

Wolverine
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Like Wookies, it is unwise to upset Jim! :twisted: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ryma Mara
03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Ya know I watched the films millions of times and I see greedo shoot first every time. :S

elrond.406
03-08-2007, 08:03 PM

and greedo shot first.

Really, he got out of the pit barely alive. I recall he made his jetpak selfdestruct and that girl in the sarlaac died and he was burned and made it out nude and bought a new firespray: the Slave 2.
:|

Like Wookies, it is unwise to upset Jim!

Whos Jim? :? Never met him[/her?]

Marsupial
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I can't believe I have to write about those, but it shows how the generation gap is between fans of the Star Wars universe...

in the original Star Wars universe, Boba Fett died in the Sarlac. The expended universe added to his life, but it did to every single character including a robotized post TPM Darth Maul...

Lucas confesses that had he known Boba Fett would become so popular, he would have given him a more spectacular death back in 1983

as for Greedo shooting first, or at all, its part of alterations in the movies. Originally Solo shot him (which makes more sense to a character like solo who don't wait to get killed - anyway anyone that close couldn't miss) - you need to understand that various versions of the movies have been released since the original where solo did shoot first - one where greedo shoots first, and a few where greedo&solo shoot about at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

The hardcore fans of Star Wars from the Original Unaltered movies (where Anakin's ghost in Ep6 is portrayed by Sebastian Shaw) have this saying "Han Shot First"

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/pvp_hanshotfirst.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/pvp/swag/712c/

But with the new release, the new generation of fans of SW believes that they know better and that Greedo shot first, and that Fett is still alive... they also think that Jar Jar is a cool SW character and that the first movie is called "The Phantom Menace".

Just shows how fan you can be.

Wolverine
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Whos Jim? :? Never met him[/her?]

The Dummy Light on the forum is on, could you check it please?!?

Let me give you a small clue :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/IDIOT.jpg http://www.midwestgarrison.com/forum/images/smiles/duh.gif

http://www.hometown.aol.com/jedisithlord/images/011.gif

TimeRender
03-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Marsupial, on behalf of all diehard fans of the OT, THANK YOU for that post.

Wolverine
03-09-2007, 07:18 AM
....The hardcore fans of Star Wars from the Original Unaltered movies (where Anakin's ghost in Ep6 is portrayed by Sebastian Shaw) have this saying "Han Shot First"....

Yeah, I never understood why Anakin dies, why his ghost reverts to his youth, yet Obi-Wan, and Yoda stay old. Made better sense with Sebastian Shaw as the ghost too.
Good points!! :wink:

james3
03-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Marsupial, Thank you a million for that EXCELLENT post!

I just don't have the gift for words like that so someone would have been cryin' to their mamma if I tried to explain it.

And Wolverine...

The Dummy Light on the forum is on, could you check it please?!?

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_headbang.gif Priceless

Ryma Mara
03-09-2007, 07:52 AM
When the origional VHS tapes I had worked I still saw greedo shoot first.

Oh well like you said millions of copys wiht all different things going on.

Thats what dosent make me a true diehard fan I dont care to know every little detail like oh hay lukes saber is green when it should be blue, or how theres people out there that go thru and nit pick every detail like when maul was slapping his saber above obis head in the theed papace that it sparks sometimes in places wher eit should and dosent when it should.

Oh well.

Ryma Mara
03-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Iam sorry if my post came off as ****** and such attitude But I wasent intending on it to be like that.

I may only be 24 years old But when I was a kid watching the movies on tv cause we dident have a vcr I could of swore I saw greedo shoot first.

But oh well I was still razed on the OT for years But I still think theres alot of moot points like jake, hayden and jar jar.

I mean GL tryed to make it into a scifi love story and it failed badly.

If he was more experienced at the whole love story bit then I don thtink it would of turned out so bad with hayden.Thats my only gripe. I could care less about jake or jar jar Hayden can act But with GL directing it showing him how to act the way he wants it I put the blame on GL not hayden. Yes Jake suckes but compared to the other kids in the screening. He was the only one worth it.

And I cant stand the trade federation. he should of went cgi with them, and he should of got someone else other than that portman chick cause I dontlike her.

But yeah to me if your gonna say some one sucks at acting or somethinglike that put the blame on GL cause he was telling them how he wanted them to act.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Yup, Han shot first, Boba fett died in the Sarlaac Pit, and Anakin's ghost was his older self. And it was good.

Ian mcDiarmid did not do the voice for the Emperor in ESB. He wasn't hired until production began for ROTJ after Mr. Lucas saw him in a stage performance where he was playing an old man, when Ian was in his 40's. The image in the original ESB was a Lucasfilm employee wearing a mask that was left over from one of the Planet of the Apes films. .

Jay-gon Jinn
03-09-2007, 08:43 AM
The problem with the new movies is that Gearge not only directed, but wrote the screenplays and the scripts...love stories just don't seem to be his strong suit...as for Jar-Jar, he would've been a better character had they not given the Gungans that stupid accent.

Barmic Rin
03-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Ryma, simmer down dude. I'm only 25. So we fit nicely into those born around 'jedi'.

George should have past directing to someone else for Clones & Sith.
Irvin Kerschner done empire so well.

As for Jake & hayden, WOOD!
Yes the blam can land on GL's head for those. And Jar jar.
R2 & 3P0, and the occasional oneliner from Solo are the only comic relief we needed for OT.

Gungans could have worked, maybe with husky, dryer voices. Toad like maybe. And yeah, Trade feds could have too if CGI'd instead of god awful lipsyncing.

Ryma Mara
03-09-2007, 08:52 AM
I mean they could of cgi'd the mouth instead of anamatronic but they done spent 14million of a pod race that origionally could of been a movie in itself.

Barmic Rin
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
True, not a fan of that either.
If they'd done it in the TV series or something like that, then great.
Could have had more shots of Maul though.
Maybe on Nar Shadaa, getting information out of people of something?

Still, the Podrace game on N64 was cool.

Wolverine
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
....and he should of got someone else other than that portman chick cause I dontlike her....

Why not, she's a good actress, strong type like Carrie Fisher. She was a great child actress -The Professional (1994 Jean Reno, Gary Oldman)
And dang hot too. Your intitled to your opinions, but she is a good proven actress.

On The Hayden subject - I'm not a big fan of him, but my aunt summed it up very well (woman's point of view) -"How could anyone fall in love witha whinny self centered, power hungry brat like that????"

My point of view is, How does that weiner turn into Vader???

That would be Lucas' judgement, who knows why???

...as for Jar-Jar, he would've been a better character had they not given the Gungans that stupid accent.

I agree with you there, Jar Jar would have actually been tolerable. :wink:

Ryma Mara
03-09-2007, 12:13 PM
She was ok in TPM But I dident like the way she actedd(not acting acting like acted ya know). It just drove me up the wall.

But then again we dident make the films and its not our vision.

elrond.406
03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Greedo_shoots_first.jpg

See the blaster bolt Han dodged? *I didn't photoshop it. 8)

(What does this have to do with Mandolarian Jedi? Or even Mandos or Jedi at all besides being in the same movie? Does it really matter who shot first, Greedo got blasted anyways. :roll: )

Jedi Ranger
03-09-2007, 06:15 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Greedo_shoots_first.jpg

See the blaster bolt Han dodged? *I didn't photoshop it. 8)

(What does this have to do with Mandolarian Jedi? Or even Mandos or Jedi at all besides being in the same movie? Does it really matter who shot first, Greedo got blasted anyways. :roll: )

You asking that just show how young you are, and prooves that you didn't spend nearly 20 years watching HAN shoot first. The Greedo shot originated with the so-called "Special Edition" relesase in the mid '90's.

But, just like SO MANY other things in this world, everyone has a preference. Then again, many people are not even AWARE that that sceen has been changed, so it's quite often a moot point with them.

Wolverine
03-09-2007, 08:00 PM
....Then again, many people are not even AWARE that that sceen has been changed, so it's quite often a moot point with them.

(1977) Much like the bit scene in the Mos Eisley space port hanger, in EP4, where Han is talking to Jabba the hut, who is Humanoid. :wink:

Jay-gon Jinn
03-09-2007, 10:45 PM
That scene was the best addition to the movie in the Special Edition version, but I hated the Jabba CG character they created for it. Just didn't look like Jabba....
As far as Mandalorian Jedi go, the Mandalorians aren't a species unto themselves, but more of an ideal or a code they adopted to live by, and since that code includes going to war on a moments notice and being highly trained in arms and combat, there's no way a Mandalorian would even want to become a Jedi.

Lord Maul
03-09-2007, 11:15 PM
That scene was the best addition to the movie in the Special Edition version, but I hated the Jabba CG character they created for it. Just didn't look like Jabba....

i agree with you 100%
that jabba looked way to "alive", i like him when he was just a big puppet. he seemed more sinister that way :?

TimeRender
03-10-2007, 12:18 AM
I always wondered why they bothered to replace the humanoid Jabba with the CG Slug Jabba. It seems like they could have simplified the work by changing that humanoid's name and doing a little bit of fancy dub-work. Instead of Jabba talking to Han it could have been an entirely new character, no danged ugly computer effects necessary.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-10-2007, 09:20 AM
If the puppet Jabba still existed, I'll be they could've done a 3D digital scan of it, then animated that. It would've looked a whole lot better. They did enhance it again on the DVD release, using the digital Jabba from the Phantom Menace, but it still didn't look right. Jabba was too small compared to Han in the scene...the scale was a bit off.

Lord Maul
03-10-2007, 10:34 AM
i just liked how wrinkly and humongus and heavy jabba was in rotj. in anh they made him alive, not on the verge of death :?

SilentBob501
03-10-2007, 01:05 PM
The added Jabba scene is so unnecessary. Its the stupidest thing, not only does jabba look strange, but the dialogue is almost the exact conversation Han has with Greedo in the previous scene. We get it, even Han gets borded sometimes. He told us twice!

elrond.406
03-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Jabba the Hutt was HUMANOID?!? :o :x

james3
03-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Have you seen Star Wars?

Jay-gon Jinn
03-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah, Han also "dumps his cargo at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser!" They should've altered greedo's subtitles in that previous scene... :roll:

Elrond, have you never seen the Special Editions VHS movie versions? That original un-altered scene is on the beginning of the A New Hope tape....

TimeRender
03-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Jabba the Hutt was HUMANOID?!? :o :x

Lucas originally wanted Jabba to be some sort of alien, but when he filmed A New Hope he just didn't have it in the budget. That's actually the reason that scene got cut in the first place. He decided that he didn't want to ruin the chance to film an alien Jabba if his next two movies had the budget he was hoping for.

elrond.406
03-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I've never seen the version with Jabba as a humanoid...I wonder how he luked... :? ughh

elrond.406
03-11-2007, 04:22 PM
NVM, I found a picture:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/78/FordandMulholland.jpg
Lucas must have had a very low budget! :shock: :lol:

Lord Maul
03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
that's stupid. i like jabba as a big slug, not as some fat human

Marsupial
03-11-2007, 07:11 PM
As I understand it, they hadn't had any puppet or technology for that so they made the shot anyway thinking about adding it in post prod.

There was never an official version of the movie with that dude.

Barmic Rin
03-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Back in 77, the guy was just a stand in to get an estimate eye level for a yet-to-be-imagined alien creature.
As Georgey boy hadn't designed jabba at this point, they used him for the eye level, but left the scene on the cutting room floor.
If any of you have read 'Tales from Jabba's Palace' the 'human jabba' is one of jabbas goons that acts as a face for jabba if Jabba decides the situation is too risky to be there in person.

This human honestly believes he has an important role in Jabbas organisation, though Mara Jade (disguised as a dancing girl) recognises him for what he is: Someone expendable to Jabba that can be relied upon to carry out minor deals but is no great loss if he's killed.

NB. THis book was written before the Special Edition releases in 97, so they had to find a way of explaining the guys existence. That's why in 'Tales from the Mos Eisely Cantina', (another book in the same series) one Story featured Lak Sivrak (Wolfman) who has basically been removed from existence by GL

I hope I haven't opened up a can of worms by mentioning good old Lak! I miss him so!!

Corbin_Das
04-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi all.
I was 7 when Star Wars came out. Probably one of the best ages to experience something like that for the first time. I TOLERATE the special edition, but it's not the same story to me. It's like someone else telling the same story.

As for the original reason for this thread, I'd say it's a pretty fair assumption that Mandos and Jedi don't mix very well. I for one wish I could combine Mando armor with lightsabers. But I'm selling my custom Mando on Ebay right now. I'm thinking of making my own type of custom armor, not really Mando, but perhaps inspired by it (or KOTOR).

Corbin

Marsupial
04-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I think like Corbin...

particularly speaking that the most famour mandalorian is a bounty hunter that hated Jedi, I don't think we can mix Jedi and Mandalorian very well.

I vote for other styles of armored Jedi.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-02-2007, 07:39 AM
I'd like to see someone do the Jal-shey advisors armor or the Zeison Sha Warriors armor from KOTOR II. After looking at it closely, those armors appear to be based off Zam Wessel's in AOTC, so it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Corbin_Das
04-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm actually playing KOTOR II again and I'm on the lookut for armor I might want to duplicate. But I'm willing to share a design I drew up a year or so back that was Mandalorian inspired. I don't think I'd actually do the forearm guantlets the way I have them drawn here, but still:

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Corbinspics11-body3color.JPG

The chest armor is based on an old set of body armor I used to use for heavy weapons fighting in my medieval recreation group I belong to. It has two separate chest sections with a 3 or 4 inch gap separating them right down the middle of the chest. A floating plate is them placed over that gap. This allows for you to bring your arms together in front as if doing butterfly presses. It keeps the armor from biting into your arms when sword fighting by allowing the chest plates some mobility while still protecting you.

I was thinking of using a vest similar to this one for the base of the armor. I thought it had the right look I would be going for. It's actually a modern fencing vest:

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Corbinspics11-vestbts.JPG

Now, as for a helmet, I'm not really sure what type a Jedi would wear. Fortunately, I never claimed to be a Jedi. :P However, I'm not a Sith either . I received guidance by a fugative Jedi after Order 66, and gradually I continued my training after she died. So I'm not Dark and I'm not Light. I didn't belong to either extreme. I suppose you could call me a "full Force user" :D .

Anyway, I had thought about having the above armor set up with a more "Jedi" feel by having robes, lightsabers and other Jedi like things, then have a separate set of accessories (guantlets, Mando helmet, etc) when I wanted to have a more custom Mando look going on. That wouldn't mean that the character would be a Jedi-Mandalorian though. Just that the armor might be able to be added to in order to have it pull double duty depending on which look I wanted.

Here's a couple custom Mando helmets I thought were interesting. I didn't make either one:

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Corbinspics11-mando1.jpg

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Corbinspics11-mandohelmet.jpg

The first was a Boba styled helmet I think, because the dent on the left front head is covered with a disk of some kind. I like it, although it's a bit too "busy" for my taste. I'm not sure how vision would be with that strip going down the middle either.

The second one I thought had a neat idea. Perhaps this Mando was made for work in environments with less than ideal atmospheres or air qualities. The same can be said for the first one, but I think this one is a bit more streamlined.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share.

Corbin

vortextwist
04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
very cool. I like that first helmet, the second is starting to look interesting.

elrond.406
04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
:shock: That first helmets awesome! Don't know bout the second though (is it dirty?)...

Corbin_Das
04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
:shock: That first helmets awesome! Don't know bout the second though (is it dirty?)...

The second one still shows the bondo or whatever they used on it to shape the pieces. It doesn't have the range finder, the lens or any paint on it.

Jedi Ranger
04-02-2007, 07:51 PM

It's what us prop-builders call a "work-in-progress". :roll:

elrond.406
04-02-2007, 09:07 PM

It's what us prop-builders call a "work-in-progress". :roll:

Yea, Joe already explained... :roll: :roll:

Jay-gon Jinn
04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
That first one almost looks like an attempt to create a "Mandalore"-style helmt from Kotor II. Keep us updated if you decide to do a set of "Jedi" armor, Corbin.

Corbin_Das
04-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Keep us updated if you decide to do a set of "Jedi" armor, Corbin.

Of course. With so many other things I'm trying to finish before C4, the armor will not be one of them, unfortunately.

But still, I was thinking of maybe making up a set of "ancient" armor that Corbin will "discover" too. I might even start making some sets to sell eventually, but I'm too busy doing stuff for TCSS right now.

Corbin

Ryma Mara
04-03-2007, 12:10 AM
hay corbin check this out.

http://www.amas.net/item.cfm/RecordId/14936.htm

Corbin_Das
04-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Not bad.

Marsupial
04-03-2007, 09:35 AM
thanks for the link Mara.

It looks wicked and isn't all that expansive.

I might want to get some at some point...

Barmic Rin
04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Paint that stuff up, and you gots yourself skiff guard armor!!!! Sweet!

Lord Maul
04-03-2007, 02:46 PM
I might even start making some sets to sell eventually, but I'm too busy doing stuff for TCSS right now.

Corbin

and that is a bad thing why corbin? :P
lol

Corbin_Das
04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
lol

It's not. It's just hard to get any of my own projects done. That's all.

Corbin

elrond.406
04-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I might even start making some sets to sell eventually, but I'm too busy doing stuff for TCSS right now.

Corbin

lol

He didn't say it was a bad thing... :P :P
lol

vorian89
10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
The question still stands on mando jedi. If you were a mando and you had a jedi at your disposal, and the jedi knew you had force connections, wouldn't you use him to learn some tricks. Also in Legacy of the force book Revelation there are two mando jedi. one ex and the other was trained by the ex but not fully. the other i think was born from mando parents but both died and the ex jedi took him in. im not sure what their names were but they are out there some where.

Hasid Lafre
10-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Ok if you were to do a jedi mando you wouldent be accepted in any mando based groups.

But a mando can have a lightsaber and use it as a tool but it is not recommended. It just confuses people. You can however have what is called a power weapon, no edge but is heated by plasma or what have you to make it cut thru things like a hot knife through butter.

I plan on making a power axe for my mando and will be a short bladed thing of sorts. Still got to finish some things before I can make it.

duncan29793
10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
As far as Mandalorian Jedi go, the Mandalorians aren't a species unto themselves, but more of an ideal or a code they adopted to live by, and since that code includes going to war on a moments notice and being highly trained in arms and combat, there's no way a Mandalorian would even want to become a Jedi.

this sums it up, conflict of ideals. You are one or the other. You can be one and convert to the other, but can't balance out the philosophy and culture of each.

actually there is a record of a mandalorian jedi. It's not born yet but it is mentioned in the Republic Commando tiple zero book. One of the clone commandos knocks up his jedi general and she ends up giving birth to the kid.

In the Republic Commando series, by Karen Traviss, there was a Jedi that wore Mandolarian Armor on the latter missions in the book Triple Zero. He was the Jedi in charge of some the Commando/Special Forces units during the Clone Wars. He was not a main line Jedi character and I can't recall his name off the top of my head, nor can I look it up because I sent the books to my son in Afghanistan.

Generally speaking the Mandalorians hate the Jedi, they sided with the Sith during the Stark Hyperspace Wars if memory serves me. During the Clone Wars the lines began to blur a bit. So it is a stretch but there IS a Jedi that wore the Armor.

sheesh, I just started reading this book.... spoilers :mad:

Darth Leximus
10-06-2008, 01:50 PM
My brother and I are working on a back story for his rogue jedi that involves him escaping Order 66 and finding the corpse of a Mandalorian who's armor he steals and dons as a means of alluding capture by the clones. Driven by his anger at the clones betrayal and the necesity to keep his identity hidden he actually lives the Mando life of bounty hunting and gun-for-hire until rumors of an assassin working for Vader (sound familiar ;)) who is powerful in the darkside, bring him out of hiding and back to the force. He retains the Mando chest armor and gauntlets but otherwise has jedi robes and yes he uses a lightsaber.

ThreeQuadFive
10-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Jeez, who cares about canon people?

If its for role playing and the like, just do it and be happy!

It's not impossible to have a force sensitive mando trained in the arts of the jedi living a somewhat balance life.....

Hasid Lafre
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
It dosent have anythign to do with canon, a jedi/sith in mando armor or a mando in jedi/sith clothing you will nto be accepted in any costuming groupe and you will constintly be asked who ar eyou and why do you have this?, Its looked down apon cause of the confusion.

Darth Leximus
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Well we are only worried about it for halloween right now and then for a fan film later. So the explanation will be there and we aren't looking to get it into any groups, just fun...you know the thing we are all supposed to be doing this crap for...fun

Jay-gon Jinn
10-06-2008, 04:36 PM
In the series called Republic Commando, there is a Jedi character in the story line that leaves the order, and assumes the life of a Madalorian. His name is Bardan Jusik, but he eventually changes it to "Gotab" sometime after order 66 and actually helps Jaina Solo when she learns to fight Jedi from Boba Fett in the Legacy of the Force novel, "Revelation." Gotab didn't carry a lightsaber, but he did wear Mandalorian armor. So, in a way, there really was at least one Mandalorian Jedi in the Expaned Universe.

The other Mando Jedi mentioned was Etain Tur-mukan. She was "invloved" with one of the Arc-Commandos, Darman. They had a son, and he was trained by Jusik/Gotab, but not as a Jedi, only on how to use his force abilities.

ThreeQuadFive
10-07-2008, 06:17 AM
@Hacid...so a group of costumers won't like it.

Just start your own then :-P

And regardless of people asking who you are and what the backstory is..face it, even in a Vader suit people still ask!

Hasid Lafre
10-07-2008, 06:20 AM
That snot as easy as you think.

ThreeQuadFive
10-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Ok, so not to derail totally but what's not easy? Starting a group of costumers?

It might not be 100% easy but its not 100% hard either.
You get some friends together and do stuff...

Seriously though, if all anyone worries about is getting kicked out of a group or not accepted into a group of people based on belief or what they wear, then they have bigger problems!

Titoshi
10-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Starkiller has a costume in Force Unleashed with Mando Armor in it. He is a jedi and Force Unleashed is canon. So if you are in a costuming group that is a stickler for details, you can go that route...but you are pretty much stuck being Starkiller. But hey, If you are not in a group, A jedi can wear a pink tu-tu and rain boots and call them self a jedi...just don't expect anyone to believe you or want to be seen with you in public.

Darth Leximus
10-07-2008, 02:36 PM
::throws away pattern for jedi tu-tu::

You guys suck!

annon
10-07-2008, 04:15 PM
:: picks up pattern for Jedi tu-tu ::

Finally, I've been looking for one of these!

Titoshi
10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I knew if I planted the seed... soon my all-Jedi production of The Nutcracker will come to fruition.

Darth Leximus
10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!! I love where this is going!! I want a part in that production!