PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my saber design - Does it work?

mcpreaches
06-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi guys I am looking to the masters here at TCSS to get opinions on my saber idea and to let me know if it works.

So here it is

http://rubinpolizzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Koda-Saber-With-drill-points.jpg

Do you guys think it would work? Any other ideas or suggestions?
Thanks?

amwolf
06-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Interesting idea; lots of space inside. Have you given any thought to what your internals will be -sound, power, recharge, etc.? The shroud may have to be notched at that forward skinny rib to let the box sit flush. Also, you'll need a gender changer to connect the two female sections. Not sure about the rivit, though, when a screw works just fine unless it's some sort of aesthetic you're looking for (just my two cents).

GFJedi
06-09-2013, 09:19 AM
What about using the 3.7" m/f extension rather than the 4" f/f with a gender changer? And I agree, you can easily drill and tap a nice button head screw to hold the shroud, makes it easier later to remove if you need to disassemble later.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Whether a design "works" or not depends greatly on what you are going to put inside of it, and how it is laid out. Until you can decide that part, you won't really know if it "works".

Failure to heed this advice usually results in spending extra money on parts (or replacement parts) and such. ;)

jedimastergarcia87
06-14-2013, 05:52 PM
I like the idea and design of the hilt. I say go with the other's advices though.

patolcott
06-15-2013, 11:47 PM
it is going to be longer than you realize, just a heads up. The design looks great though