PDA

View Full Version : Modular Chassis

Hasselhoof
06-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Hi guys

I'm playing around with various ideas and was wondering if the holes in a modular chassis disk would line up with the wiring holes in a low profile heat sink?

Disk http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Chassis-Disc-style-2-with-holes-P598.aspx

Heat sink http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHS-new-style-Heat-Sink-V4-P841.aspx

I'm playing with ideas for a crystal chamber

Weaver
06-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Unsure, but I know from experience that the chassis discs don't line up with the three-hole MPS disc insert. I'm adding that to the wishlist.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-05-2013, 08:36 AM
No, they do not line up, and I thought you had scrapped the crystal chamber...

Hasselhoof
06-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Mostly, but then I had an idea that I thought might work, so asked, guess it won't though. I would like to do the crystal chamber but not going to hinge the whole project on it :)

MasterStoddard
06-05-2013, 09:32 PM
This may sound odd but you could try to make a special chassis disc that would line up the way you want it. I would recommend a lexan sheet for the purpose and it can be found at your local hardware store near the sheet plexiglass. I have used the stuff to make a sacrificial lens on my airsoft sniper rifle scope, and have made a test disc to hold a crystal. You would end up with extra lexan once you get the disc but it would be handy for more then one purpose. You could even make a couple discs for your crystal chamber that way. I recently picked up a 20(wide)x32(long)x.093(thick) inch sheet at HomeDepot for about $16. Mom wanted it for a window that I was able to close that had a crack on the indoor side.

Hasselhoof
06-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Hmm, that's not a bad idea :) I shall have to see how hard it is to track down in the UK.

dgregory
06-06-2013, 06:00 AM
I found some 2x2" blocks of hard acrylic at a local hobby store. They are 1/4" inch thick. I can get two chassis discs out of each one with a hole saw bit. I bought a ton of them when I saw them, $1 each!. I use them for every sink tube saber chassis. I've connected them to the blade holder/heat sink as well since I can drill holes where I want. Here's a recent chassis with a crystal chamber and blade holder attached.