PDA

View Full Version : Hello TCSS :)

Slaide
05-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Hello fellow star warsians. As a rather silent "observer" of the hobby in general for a few years, i figured it was time to say hello. I also wanted to extend my thanks to the members of this forum, as i have recently "built" my first saber, rebuilt perhaps, out of a pre-built MHS saber i acquired that from another source, and anything i was unsure of in the building process i was able to find answers here in these forums somewhere. I always felt like i had ordered this saber in the wrong color, and the raw pieces of aluminum hilt just by themselves are a little bland, so while i had the guts of it ripped out a tried a little weathering technique i had come across on these forums. So thanks to everyone for helping me rebuild my saber the way i had originally envisioned it. I look forward to building more MHS sabers in the future :)

Silver Serpent
05-29-2013, 07:49 AM
A fine weathering job, to be sure. Looks like the olive oil technique. Be sure to clear coat it if you haven't already done so, to prevent the weathering from rubbing off.

Evilpancreas
05-29-2013, 06:29 PM
You should consider doing a dark brown leather wrap for the hilt. With the color of the weathering, the leather would look amazing. Regardless, very nice job on the saber.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the Forums! You did a great job on your first saber. Congrats! :D