PDA

View Full Version : Anikan blade pin problem

Thoto
10-08-2006, 12:48 PM
i have been pounding away at the little pin on the blade for the anakin rots 2005 saber for a good 30 minutes now, and its not budging past the top of the hole. shouldnt it just fall right through? whats going on?

Firebird21
10-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Are you pounding the other side into the table?

Once it starts coming out the other side, try pulling on it with a pair of plyers.

Thoto
10-08-2006, 01:13 PM
wrong pin. im talking about on the actual blade itself, the one tha doesnt come out the other side, it just goes inside of it then you take it out when you pull the base with the electronics, that i assume are attached the led's out.

Do-Clo
10-08-2006, 01:22 PM
You can try drilling a small hole on either side of the pin and pull it out with needle nose pliers.

Lord Maul
10-09-2006, 06:33 AM
is the blade in a vice? it needs to be secure or the energy won't go into the pin, only the whole blade thus the bouncing
make sure you have a small enough punch-i just use the smallest flathead screwdriver from those sets at the store because i never have any other use for it :D

james3
10-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Maul that is downright reckless advice. I am all for you doing something boneheaded but don't recommened it to someone else.

Use a punch! That is what they are made for. Using a precision screwdriver as a punch is asking to receive a serious injury.

xwingband
10-09-2006, 07:40 AM
He got it already so it matters not...

Lord Maul
10-09-2006, 03:19 PM
how is it reckless james, it won't break or anything, it just bends a little if you hit it wrong :D

xwingband
10-09-2006, 03:41 PM
how is it reckless james, it won't break or anything, it just bends a little if you hit it wrong :D

OR it would penetrate your skin easier like a micro chisel...

In general use a tool what it's meant for. Tools have their own risks using them, you don't need to add to it by not using the proper tool.

SilentBob501
11-07-2006, 01:35 AM
ok im having some problems with that inner blade pin too. Other than drilling like DO-Clo said or the incoherent ramblings that followed, are there any other suggestions?

Lord Maul
11-07-2006, 07:15 AM
put the blade on a table, clamp it down, take a small nail punch and pound the pin all the way through. really make sure it is all the way through the blade or else when you pull it out say by by to the lower 2 inches cause they will crack :cry:

Do-Clo
11-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Bob if you can't drive the pin in then the only other solution I have found is to drill and pull the pin with side cutters. Drilling doesn't effect the blade and it will not be seen when it is in the blade holder.

SilentBob501
11-07-2006, 11:15 AM
I'll probably do the drilling thing i guess, I dont know why im hesitating, i dont even care if the stock blade gets screwed up. I was just hoping, maybe there was an easy non-power tool way to do this.

Maul, if you continue to post flippent responses, obviously without reading the proposed question thouroughly (if u had, u would have noticed i said inner blade pin. The one that doesnt go all the way through.) Then people are going to continue to call you Prvt. Pyle and refuse to take your post whoring seriously.

Lord Maul
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
i know you said inner blade pin. if you mean the tiny one inbeetween the two big ones that hold the blade in the holder, then use a punch to push it into the blade itself

Do-Clo
11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Pyle that is Bob's problem the pin will not push in, so telling him to push the pin in doesn't make any sense at all.

james3
11-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Doh!
I do believe that Do-Clo may have finally drove it home.

Did ya use a screwdriver or a punch? :twisted: