PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Problem: Sound, but no light - Resovled

ryanlb
10-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I bought a blue LED for my Anakin, the one with an Amber LED. I switched the LEDs last night and turned it on and got - as the title implies - sound, but no light. That's rather not what I wanted so I checked the LED (quick disconnect) in another saber and it works just fine. I'm assuming there's something wrong with the MR board, but it's in a piece of plastic that doesn't come apart.
Anybody have any bright ideas on how I can get it to light up?
One more bit of usefull/useless info - this saber was originally converted by Ultra, I'm told a year or so ago, all I did was put in Tim's kit and change the LED from a green to amber, and now to blue.

I guess if all else fails I've a stock Anakin that I could disassemble and steal that section from.

EDIT: It looks like I'm getting 3.2V to the quick disconnect connector, so shouldn't it be working?

ryanlb
10-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Um, Nevermind.

:oops:

DACOTA
10-08-2006, 05:40 PM
well i learned alot from the anakin i probably dont know as much as others here but as much as i messed with it i consider myself an expert sort of,but i found that with the board thw wires that connect the powere to the board you know the red,black,and brown wires,when they bend even if they are solderd in the holes bullet proof if they bend the powerwill nnot connect so that is why thier could be sounds but no light,also check the connection of the plug from the board to the led.

ryanlb
10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Actually, what happened is I...um...got the wires mixed up for the LED, so when I reversed them - ie, connected + to +, it worked just fine.
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind the next time I play around with it.