PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars on TV

Do-Clo
10-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Here is the latest on the up coming star wars for TV it will be all animated and focus on the clone wars.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=236781

james3
10-06-2006, 06:24 PM
And I was hoping for a post Jedi Purge era live action thing.

Oh well, it just gives me more room to play in that period for my own stories.

Do-Clo
10-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Well there is always episode 7, 8 and 9 if they are ever made into movies.

Yoiaholic
10-06-2006, 06:40 PM
And I was hoping for a post Jedi Purge era live action thing.

Oh well, it just gives me more room to play in that period for my own stories.

James that is still coming, Lucas had announced he wanted to do two shows, a live action show, and an animated series. This is just the first project to take shape.

Nightwing
10-06-2006, 07:04 PM
AARRRRGGGHH!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x
Why can't people get this straight?!?

There are TWO Star Wars TV series currently in pre-production.

First is the CG animated Clone Wars series (which is of course set between Episodes II and III.). Not much is known of it, other than it may be on the air at the end of 2007.

Second is the live-action series. All we know about it is...

*Set between Episodes III and IV, and will detail the rise of the Empire (though the story may or may not actually be centered on the Empire).
*I think I may have read that it shows the progression from clones to Stormtroopers, but don't quote me on that.
*No major characters will be present in the show, though supporting ones will undoubtedly make an appearance. Lucasfilm has been talking to the actor who played Boba Fett in AotC, as he is now an adult and could play the role in this new series.
*Much darker and grittier.
*Lucas wants 100 hour-long episodes.
*Has been called "everything the fans wanted the prequels to be".

From that last point, I can guess that this new series deals with the rise of the Empire and the Galaxy's reaction to it, which will eventually lead to the formation of the Rebellion. Hopefully we'll get to see the early years of the Rebellion. It'd be great to see some of the great battles, such as the assault on the Star Destroyer Invincible (heh, what an ironic name).
I'd like to see it focus on characters who are pre-Alliance freedom fighters (one of the three separate factions that joined together to form the Alliance), that help to form the Alliance. That way we'd get to see pretty much the entire conflict before Episode IV.
The main characters shouldn't be the more powerful people in the Alliance, but regular soldiers, pilots, etc.
I think the best ending ever would be for the characters to fight alongside Luke in the Battle of Yavin. They'd never directly interact, but we'd get to see another view of that battle. Who knows what else went on there? Besides, that would link it to the Trilogy, and sort of "pass the torch" onto the characters we al know and love from the movies.

james3
10-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I think that with 1,2,3, really delving in to the story of Anakin/Vader, it makes sense for them to go Twenty years forward into the timeline from where we left off. The original guys would be able to play their parts if they wanted and you could throw in the children and let it progress from their standpoint.

I know that has been brought up Yoi so I reckon we will just have to see.

edit-WOW. abit of info you got there NW. Has the live action been actually set though? I know it has been talked about but I haven't seen anything concrete.

Nightwing
10-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah, it's been set. All of that info comes from various articles on TheForce.net, which have specific quotes from GL and Rick McCallum. I'd post them here, but the search function doesn't work terribly well. I'll see what I can find.

I might have preferred a New Republic/Galactic Alliance-era live-action series as well, but the early years of the Rebellion is equally cool to me. Here's hoping they do that.

In the meantime, it seems that the new Clone Wars Series is a continuation of the Samurai Jack-eque series.
http://www.theforce.net/swtv/story/George_Lucas_Readies_Clone_Wars_Animated_Series_10 0608.asp
The show is planned as a continuation of the Emmy-winning "Clone Wars" that aired in 25 episodes on the Cartoon Network from 2003 to 2005. That series used limited animation. The new version will use 3-D computer graphics.

EDIT:
Found something interesting.
http://www.theforce.net/swtv/story/More_Hints_From_Rick_McCallum_98365.asp
"McCallum also denied rumors that the new series would focus on members of the Skywalker family, but repeated that the show will take place in the timeframe between Episode III and IV. "All-new characters," he added. "That missing 20-year period when Luke is growing up. ... Think bounty hunter. That's all I can tell you. There's nobody else that you'll know [in it]. At the moment. You know, it's still [in] really, really early stages. He hasn't really sat down to think about which direction [he's going]."
Aw, dangit. We might have a Boba Fett-centered series on our hands.

EDIT 2:
Here's some more stuff (note: the article is a bit confusing. The facts aren't all straight. At one point they got confused between the live-action series and the soon-to-come Star Wars Movies in 3D and thought that you'd need 3D glasses to watch the TV series. :P):
http://www.theforce.net/swtv/story/Star_Wars_Television_Shows_97662.asp
"Here's what we've been told officially about the upcoming live-action TV series from Lucasfilm.

* 100 episodes
* 1 hour each
* based on a spinoff character
* Lucas will direct first season
* write season one at one time
* film season one at one time
* takes place between ROTS and ANH

DRAT! "Centered on a spinoff character", probably Boba Fett... *wierd combination of Vader & Luke's voices* NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilentBob501
10-07-2006, 11:38 AM
As long as theres Jedi and awesome lightsaber action, I dont care who its about.

Nightwing
10-07-2006, 12:41 PM
As long as theres Jedi and awesome lightsaber action, I dont care who its about.

Yeah, but we're not likely to see any of that, though we may see Boba going out on the Jedi-hunt. Oooo!!! What if they actually did that whole Mace Windu-survived-his-fall thing?!? That would be awesome!! Well, except that Mace would have to get killed AGAIN. :P

Do-Clo
10-07-2006, 12:44 PM
What if they actually did that whole Mace Windu-survived-his-fall thing?!? That would be awesome!! Well, except that Mace would have to get killed AGAIN.

Ok by me I always thought mace was a whimp anyway :twisted:

Madcow
10-07-2006, 05:07 PM
You're dead after school DC!

Mace Rocks!

MC

Do-Clo
10-07-2006, 05:27 PM
I have no fear MC :twisted:

Nightwing
10-07-2006, 05:56 PM
*checks watch*
Hey! It's after school! We have a fight on our hands! Hold on a second...
*runs to go grab Dr. Peppers and popcorn*

Okay... FIGHT!! :D :D :D

james3
10-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen! The ultimate clash of good and evil. The fate one character, added to the story only because Mr Jackson is a Star Wars geek just like us. Is Mace Windu the baddest Jedi ever who just got the shaft by a punk kid? Or is he a poser, stuck with a purple bladed lightsaber and having to clean Yodas litter box.

Tonight! We see this epic battle take place between the legends of the TCSS forums! In this corner wearing his Jedi tunic and exclaiming to his wife for the thousandth time "What?" MAsterrrrr MADCOW!!!!!!

and in this corner, in all black with some wicked awesome Porty pieces and showing the way for the Galatic Empire LORDD DOOOOOCLOOOOO!

Now place your bets and grab some Dr pepper folks

(I have always wanted to say this)

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!

*kickin music and flash bang fireworks commence

Nightwing
10-07-2006, 06:14 PM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6544/cowvsvadermy7.jpg

Oh yeah. How awesome is that? 8)

james3
10-07-2006, 06:18 PM
NOW THAT IS SOME FUNNY SNITZ!!

Nightwing
10-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah. That took me forever... like... all of five minutes... 8)

ryanlb
10-07-2006, 08:03 PM
NOW THAT IS SOME FUNNY SNITZ!!

Funniest Snitz I've ever seen.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Do-Clo
10-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Sorry guys I am laughing to hard to fight :lol:

Madcow
10-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Sorry guys I am laughing to hard to fight :lol:

Geepers me too!
You guys need to get out more.

As a sign of respect to Do-Clo's skills as a sabersmith, I'll subdue my teen angst, and settle for a "winner takes all" rock-paper-scissors.

1.. 2.. 3..
scissors

What did you go with DC?

Do-Clo
10-07-2006, 10:47 PM
MC I went with a rock.

Madcow
10-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Crap!
Stupid code of honour!

Oh well. I still like Mace.

MC

Do-Clo
10-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Another victory for the sith!!!!!! :twisted:

meiv4
10-08-2006, 03:24 PM
for the next match a battle whose proportions are epic.
http://www.boredomabounds.com/images/macejack.jpg

ryanlb
10-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Jack's going to hand Mace his head on a silver platter.

meiv4
10-09-2006, 12:17 AM
dont forget though its swcw mace the one who was like i think ill just jump in the middle of this entire droid army and beat the bejeebus outta all of them. but then again even giving that jack ftw.

Nightwing
10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm too tired. Someone photoshop a pic of Jack handing Mace's decapitated body Mace's head on a silver platter.

joe104
10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
they should make a carton on in between episode 3 and 4. nomore clone wars we have seen all of that from the cartoon ones

meiv4
10-09-2006, 09:53 PM
theres so much more that could have happened in the clone wars then what was in the cartoon, which is what the new one will be showing hopefully.

ied hope they stay with the same style of animation but from the sound of it they wont be, i really enjoy the work those people did on jack and clonewars.

Nightwing
10-17-2006, 07:44 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!:

"In 2007, Lucas will begin work on a live-action "Star Wars" show set during the 18-year gap between Episodes III and IV. "We haven't started yet; I start that next year," the filmmaker said, adding that he's determined to write an entire first season before shooting begins on the show that will star "background" characters from that time period.

"None of the Skywalker story, none of that stuff is in there," he explained, shooting down any depiction of a young Han Solo acquiring the Millennium Falcon or running with Lando Calrissian. "It's completely different. The animated series has got all the characters in it. The one that comes after, the live-action one, is with people who were in 'Star Wars,' but they're not the main characters."

Lucas said the plot will be steered by characters such as Tie-Fighter or Rebel pilots, most only briefly glimpsed in the six "Star Wars" films."

YES!!! REBEL PILOTS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.theforce.net/swtv/story/George_Goes_One_On_One_With_MTV_100693.asp

Gimme a high-five, Xwing!
*raises hand*

xwingband
10-17-2006, 07:58 AM
lol, yeah I read that on the RL forums a few days ago. It should be awesome. If they can pull it off it'd be like BSG... but SW and better. :)

Nightwing
10-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah... I wonder if they meant the remake or the original...

The original BSG was really Star Wars-esque, with some random mythology thrown in. The 2003 remake is total realism, though (although it does have some greek mythology thrown in here and there).

Yeah, I think it'd be cool if they did Keyan Farlander's story. His story was pretty much the epitomy of the pre-ANH Rebel Pilot's tale, and it was great.

Mor-El Kesav
10-22-2006, 01:44 PM
I've read some articles in the Star Wars dot com members area that some of our favorite characters might be making cameo apperarences. Nothing for sure but Ewan McGregor, Jimmy Smits, Ian McDiarmid, and Frank Oz have been mentioned for the Cameo appearences. They are NOT going to be the main characters, but they are slated to make guest appearances to add continuity to the series. I hope those hints are true. Obi Wan Kenobi Rules!

Nightwing
10-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Eh, I heard the same rumors about a TV series based on Jedi Academy, featuring numerous cameos from Mark Hamill. I woulda liked that, but this new show seems so much better...