PDA

View Full Version : Hello to those out there!

redburns
05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Hello to those out there! I've been searching though thread and haven't been able to find and answer, so I figured I should go ahead and ask what's on my mind. Hope I have this in the correct spot.

My husband surprised me with a saber from Ultra Sabers. He ordered one of the grab bag sabers and Aeon LE V3 arrived in the mail. While I am very appreciative, there is a bit of tweaking I have been thinking about to make it my own. I was already slowly planning out my own MHS build before this surprise, so I want to see if it's feasible to tweak the Aeon to get it closer to what I had in mind. From checking out the Ultra Saber website I'm fairly certain I can swap the stock pommel with a MHS pommel. The big questions is that the Aeon came with what appears to be a SPST Latching Guarded switch with silver button. How painful would it be to swap that switch for 16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Gold Plated Switch? I'm not sure weather the stock switch is actually the latching or momentary.

Thanks!

Jenn

Silver Serpent
05-01-2013, 07:24 PM
It'll probably be easier to build a new saber from scratch (and a lot more fun too!). I'm not certain that the US parts are MHS compatible. They might be, I just don't know.

Usually once someone starts dismantling a US saber, there's a whole lot more that ends up needing upgrading. Wiring, heatsinks, removing hot glue, etc.

You should be able to salvage the hilt, make any modifications you like, and then perform your own electronics installation. That's probably what I'd do in your situation. Swapping the guarded switch for a 16mm AV switch isn't hard, but you'll need to re-drill the hole and tap new threads. You'll need a 15mm drill bit and a M16x1 tap to make this adjustment.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I agree with SS. You'll probably wind up having to gut the saber and redo everything yourself. Although they say the parts are compatible, it doesn't always work out that way. We would also need to know if your saber has sound, etc. Their "stock" description should work to help describe what you have in the saber.

You'll also find that the company you mentioned isn't mentioned on most light saber forums (and there is a reason for that).

Good luck!

redburns
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks! The company would not have been my first choice. The over eager Storm Trooper that is my husband some times gets ahead of himself. The saber has no sound and is powered by a 4 pack of alkaline AAA's. The construction is fairly clean but it will take some studying to figure out how to get it apart without destroying the existing switch.

Stock Description:
Item Description
All aircraft aluminum construction
1.45" wide
12.25" long
Removable pommel (MHS compatible)
Polycarbonate UltraBlade
Low profile guarded push button switch
Seoul P4 or Luxeon Rebel Star