PDA

View Full Version : If Bill Gates built cars...

Firebird21
10-03-2006, 06:53 PM
I've seen this going 'round the internet, and I just got it again in my email.

I think this is hilarious! http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_roflmfao.gif

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the
way computers have enhanced our lives, read on. At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

"If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got
1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press
release stating:
If GM had developed technology like! Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics

(and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason.
You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.
For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run
on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

james3
10-03-2006, 07:29 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/pointlol.gif

That is just friggin beautiful.

Jedi Ranger
10-03-2006, 07:46 PM
I do recall reading something like this a while back. In any case, this is frakin' hilarious!! And most likely TRUE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

xwingband
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, Gates was refering to computer like processors and storage media... stuff microsoft does jack with. Really he deserves that.

The Mac one is low.

Firebird21
10-03-2006, 07:57 PM
The Mac one is low.

It's like a Sports Car! lol

Wait a min....

Some `puter nerd made a Sports Car...

And from what I hear it's pretty nice too!

Nightwing
10-03-2006, 09:04 PM
The Mac one wasn't low; it was accurate. If GM acted like Microsoft, they would buy up all the little companies and make nearly all the roads specifically tailored for their cars only. Just another reason why Microsoft=heartless greed factory.

"Are you sure you want the Airbags to deploy?"
AKA:
"Are you sure you want to live?"
Lol, that one is hilarious. It makes me wanna install one of those in Bill Gates' car. :twisted:

WeirdoTransvestite
10-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Am I sure I want to live?

hmmm, Ask me again later.

987654321a
10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
hahah that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ambo
10-04-2006, 01:46 PM
and used cars would have a problem with the front windshield just going blue and you would have to restart it to continue on, they would call it "The Blue Windshield of Death".....litterally.

987654321a
10-04-2006, 01:49 PM
hahaha, ive gotten those before, but on my comp.

Nightwing
10-04-2006, 06:13 PM
hahaha, ive gotten those before, but on my comp.*slaps forehead and sighs*

That's the point...

Ambo
10-04-2006, 06:22 PM
*hangs head and just lafs*......god i love these boards.....

Lord Maul
10-04-2006, 08:26 PM
that made my day firebird, nice one :lol:

Daj Nallig
10-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Firebird, you da man!!! That was hilarious!

DACOTA
10-11-2006, 10:07 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhaaaaaaaaahaha hhahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that was great! [start button,to turn off car]on hahahaha

JediMcD
10-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I guess kicking it would make it work. That is the method I use to fix both cars and computers now. :lol:

james3
10-11-2006, 10:27 AM
McD, that reminds me of myfavorite line in Armageddon.

The scene where the Russian astronaut pushes his way up to the control panel b!^@#!n about American parts, Russian parts all crap from Taiwan and starts beatin the hell out of it. Funny stuff.

WeirdoTransvestite
10-11-2006, 11:58 AM
American components, Russian components, what's the difference? ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!