PDA

View Full Version : Possible switch mounting in Grooved choke combo?

sammcloud2000
04-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Hello I have been itching for a new saber build but I need to know a couple things. Can a box be mounted onto the ribbed choke combo that has a recharge port and switch hole? Second Should I try a standard lighted AV switch or a shortened one? Picture posted below. Calling it the yellow jacket. The color scheme would totally be wicked with the solid black AV switch. A picture or any info would be awesome. Thank you all.

TrypWyr
04-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Oh man... I like that design. I'll leave the switch questions for someone with better answers than me, but I have to comment on your design.

That thing is just screaming for a brass shroud, maybe a streamlined curve reminiscent of folded back wings. Have you considered pommel 3 (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pommel-style-3-P679.aspx)?

Anyway, can't wait to see this beauty!

amwolf
04-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Fiddling with the builder, and the box style 2 set with its back edge aligned with the back edge of the rib (leaves the rib nearest the choke completely exposed), it looks like that works and the long switch would work. Someone else may have actually tried this, or have additional information... Which sound card are you looking at - asking because there aren't short switches in black that are momentary (for the NB). One option around this would be to have Tim PC the box black, so a chrome switch and recharge port would mimic the bare aluminum accents throughout your design.

Lord Dottore Matto
04-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Indeed it will work. the long switch works as does the short one.

sammcloud2000
04-12-2013, 12:19 AM
I have considered pommel 3 but the little holes leave plenty of doubt for quality and volume of sound. As far as the brass shroud, wish I had the tools for it.

sammcloud2000
04-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Fiddling with the builder, and the box style 2 set with its back edge aligned with the back edge of the rib (leaves the rib nearest the choke completely exposed), it looks like that works and the long switch would work. Someone else may have actually tried this, or have additional information... Which sound card are you looking at - asking because there aren't short switches in black that are momentary (for the NB). One option around this would be to have Tim PC the box black, so a chrome switch and recharge port would mimic the bare aluminum accents throughout your design.

I am using the Nano biscotti board. Have it in a saber already and like it because of its simplicity and is very compact. It fits my designs very well.

sammcloud2000
04-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Indeed it will work. the long switch works as does the short one.

Thank you very much for confirming that for me. Now that that is settled you all will see a complete saber built in a very short time after powder coating is all done and shipped. Thanks again and may the force be with all of you. For a video link with my first saber with the NB board please check out this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vBcCM8yGuw