PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram check for NB, recharge port, illuminated AV switch, and accent led

dgregory
04-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Can someone check my wiring diagram for my next saber. I'm trying to have the AV light up with power to the board (kill key removed) and the accent led light up with blade activation (crystal chamber). Sorry for the quality of the diagram. Hopefully it's legible.

Nano Biscotte
Red Seoul P4
Red Dot AV Switch (momentary)
5 mm Red Accent LED
Single Li-Ion 18500 3.7V

see updated drawing a few posts down

Silver Serpent
04-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Looks right to me.

If you don't know your resistor values, http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz is my personal favorite resistor calculator.

dgregory
04-08-2013, 06:50 PM
I've got the resistors already. Thanks for checking the diagram. Wanted to be sure before testing the circuit.

sammcloud2000
04-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Please let me know if it works because this is awesome. Easy to follow diagram. Thank you very much!

JediRebel
04-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Yeah, very clear drawing! I will actually be stealing this, removing the "accent LED" and its resistor; because it is exactly what I was hunting for a few weeks back. Thanks!

dgregory
04-10-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm waiting on a new soldering iron to arrive and I'll wire it up. I'll let you know if it works.

sammcloud2000
04-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Sweet can't wait.

dgregory
04-12-2013, 06:08 PM

It worked as I originally drew it, but not like I wanted. I had to make an adjustment to the negative wire to the accent led. In the original setup it was lighting up when the kill key was removed. I wanted it to light up with activation since it'll be in the crystal chamber. The image above has the fix included. This one works like I intended. Removing the kill key lights up the led in the AV switch. Activation lights up the main led and the accent led. Worked perfectly. Thanks for the check silver serpent.

Also, I noticed that the forum rules say that Tim would like to check these diagrams before they're posted. So this thread might get moved. I would move it but I'm not sure how or even if I can. Either way, Tim has not approved this diagram.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-12-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm glad to see you got it working the way you want it to. Good job.

dgregory
05-28-2013, 11:25 AM
I finished the saber that this diagram was made for: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?15670-Custom-Curved-Hilt-Saber-NB-Red-P4-Crystal-Chamber-Recharge-Port

Works great!

FrosteyKnight
05-28-2013, 04:19 PM
so this may be a silly question but in this diagram would the kill switch be apart of this or would it be in a separate section?

Silver Serpent
05-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Generally speaking, the recharge port IS the kill switch.

Unless you want to wire in a separate one. It just takes up more room though.

dgregory
05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah, what SS said. The recharge port is the kill switch. With the plug in the port, the circuit has no power.

FrosteyKnight
05-28-2013, 09:48 PM
NOW I KNOW (in Bill Nye the Science Guy voice)

Silver Serpent
05-29-2013, 05:11 AM
And knowing is half the battle! GI JOEEEEEEE!

FYI, Red and Blue laser guns are the other half.

WINN3BAG3L
06-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Quick question...
This is exactly what I need for my build without the accent LED and the recharge port. How would I take those out of the schematic to make it work?

GFJedi
06-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Quick question...
This is exactly what I need for my build without the accent LED and the recharge port. How would I take those out of the schematic to make it work?

Erase the accent led and both leads up to where they meet the rest of the wiring.

Erase the charge port and the rightmost lead up to where it T's near the main LED.

Then, either install a toggle switch between the left two wires (manual kill switch) or connect them together.

dgregory
06-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Erase the accent led and both leads up to where they meet the rest of the wiring.

Erase the charge port and the rightmost lead up to where it T's near the main LED.

Then, either install a toggle switch between the left two wires (manual kill switch) or connect them together.

Yeah. If you use the 3.3v lead on the NB for an av switch led, you'll need a kill/toggle switch. It'll drain the battery otherwise.