PDA

View Full Version : Which Switch method

danissith8
10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Which Switch Method is better for the Hasbro Soundboard? The Two switch with momentary, or the one switch method.
I would Really appreciate it. Thanks!!! :?:

The path I choose is my destiny.

xwingband
10-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Are you talking about the Corbin diagram where there is one with a SPST that has two wires to one pole and another diagram with an SPDT?

Really the difference is the soldering. In action it's no different. I'd prefer the SPDT because it's "cleaner" with one wire per pole. You could possibly wire it inncorrectly with the SPDT as the orientation matters.

Firebird21
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
One switch, momentary...

I'll go get the link... brb

The switch (http://thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=64)

xwingband
10-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Crap brain fart... you mean the ones in the wiring forum.

The one switch will have the flash on clash. The two switch will not.

Chuber
10-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi... I have Obis sound board from Hasbro... I dont want the FOC, what do i need? a momentary switch? I am not using corbin's board. Thanks

james3
10-03-2006, 04:42 PM
You can use a momentary and drive the Led off of the pack with a relay. I don't even use the lamp hook up on the hasbro board. Personally, I like the option of turning the sound on and off separate from the Led so that when my son and I are learning new stuff we dont have the goofy noises to deal with. Likewise when I want to use the saber in a quiet way such as a night light or flashlight again I down need hum vroom crash.

I pretty much do two switches, one for sound and one for LED and I set ip up so that if I want both at the same time I can do that. It works out well. Heck, that's another good plug for the doorbell as a switchbox, you can easily put a mini slider in there too and be good to go.

xwingband
10-03-2006, 06:09 PM
James, you are forgetting what I always mess up... the relay will sense the FOC as a on/off signal. Unless you mean a momentary slide that triggers a relay on the second setting up. That'd work and be pretty cool to boot. :)

james3
10-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Yep, you are following me bud. I use to use Corby relays that you could program so there were unlimited options that you could do. But that setup is much cheaper and like you said it works well.

Firebird21
10-03-2006, 07:03 PM
You mean to tell me that you've had an answer to the age old question "How to you get rid of the Flash On Clash?" and you didn't say anything??? :shock: :x

OK everyone! GET HIM!!! http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_gethim.gif

BTW... Can you elaborate on this? This seems like a fascinating concept.. Programmable Relays.

james3
10-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Sorry bud, I thought we discussed this before. Corby makes a sweet little relay that can do pretty much anything you could want it to do.

There are several switch setups that can be used in some out of the ordinary ways. Kind of like the switches I made up to fire up a pli and ressonator and then continue while turning on the LED and sound.

A real quick trick is to take a double pole 3 or 4 position slide one side to supply power to the LED and use the other leg for the sound. As the switch goes up it will close and then open again suppling a mommentary for the Hasbro then a latching for the LED.

From there you can get in to the setup xwing and I were mentioning.

Firebird21
10-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Linky?

james3
10-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Corby Products (http://www.corby.com/product/pricelst.php)

The 86 is the jewel I am talkin about.

The switches I just make by hand wiring them.

Firebird21
10-03-2006, 07:52 PM
This?

http://www.corby.com/product/pricelst-imgs/0086.png

Digital Controller

Programmable relay for panic, latching, regular & delay timer, zone control ● SPDT Form C rated @ 5 amp @ 24VDC ● 6 - 18VDC operation ● Quick-connect wire harness ● Use with 7000 series keypad to provide a relay output ● The 86 can stand alone in a low voltage circuit responding to a positive or negative trigger ● Delay timer can be programmed from 1sec.>8.5 min. and can be cascaded for hours ●

james3
10-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah Baby :P

I can not tell you how many different apps I have used that bugger for. They are wonderful.

I used these things LONG before x10 and smart home technology to do all kinds of things.

danissith8
10-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Thanks again guys!!!!
Where can you gaet that fancy relay board anyhow?

The path I choose is my Destiny.