PDA

View Full Version : First one, MR Vader Conversion

Augster
04-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Hello,

I am trying to order everything to convert my MR Vader to a P4 and thick-walled removable blade.

Here is my parts list. Let me know if I missed anything, or can improve on anything. Also, currently today, the P4 lens holder is out of stock and I'm not able to order it. I'm assuming this is an important piece. Should I wait to order until they are in stock, or could someone send me one out of the goodness of their heart? :) I could Paypal you for the part and shipping as I'd like to get this done sooner than later.

Let me know if there are any glaring problems. N000b.

Colored PolyC tube (Trans Red) 40"
40" LED Blade Diffuser for 1" thickwalled blades
Bullet Shaped Tip for 1" thickwalled blades
MR or Hasbro FX Vader Conversion kit
Collimator Lens 8.7*
Seoul P4 (Red)
Star Thermal Tape Pad.

So is that a good ordering list? Just need to add the P4 holder?

Thanks for any help on this as I'm nervous as heck about it.

Ty_Bomber
04-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Have you considered the rebel red? It's a solid contender for the P4, for sure.

Silver Serpent
04-08-2013, 05:06 AM
Looks like the lens holders are back in stock.

Augster
04-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the update!

Is that parts list correct for the MR retrofit? I was trying to follow the parts list given in the tutorial, but it hasn't been updated since 2010 I think. So like the rebel red, nothing "newer" is mentioned.

So I'm wondering if that parts list will work or if there is something better since 2010.

Thanks!

Augster
04-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Is the Rebel Red the LED here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Luxeon-Rebel-Star-P523.aspx

Then the rest of the tutorial and parts should stay the same?

Let me know what parts you'd suggest. The Tutorial says 5* lens but the Rebel reading says 8.7*. Which is best for a 40" blade?

Thanks much!