PDA

View Full Version : Blade diffuser help!?!

Slyde83
04-01-2013, 04:50 AM
I recently purchased a makoto v3 blade and loved accept for two things. It was thin walled polyc, and the polyc was white. I thought these things would be an easy fix. Picked up a thick walled white poly from Tim's shop here. Bullet clone wars tip, and set out to find a diffuser. The only thing I've found so far is something called plastazote and I can't get it shipped to the states.

Someone please help I'm going mad here!

Kevin Starwaster
04-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Have you checked this out?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/40-LED-blade-diffuser-for-1-thick-walled-blades-P156.aspx

Slyde83
04-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Yeah those diffusers are plastic. I need foam

Weaver
04-07-2013, 06:14 PM
I would take a look at packing material. There are thin sheets of foam that some have used as diffuser/padding material, both for scattering the light from the blade string and to protect the string from damage during use. I do not know how much you will need, as I have not made a string blade myself. I'm sure there are some more knowledgeable that you can ask. Alternatively, you can try Google searches; sometimes you get lucky if you word your searches just right.

Locations for packing material: Post office, shipping companies, some stores can give you their leftovers if you time it right (on a receiving day, for example), office supply stores (shipping/mailing section). You can also try recycling centers, if there are any who take packing material. Computer stores could also have some, since it's sometime used to protect electronic components.

That's all I've got.

Kevin Starwaster
04-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah those diffusers are plastic. I need foam

Sorry my bad. I thought those were foam.

Silver Serpent
04-08-2013, 07:09 AM
If you're looking for new product, I've never found a supplier. However, you may be able to find someone over on FX-Sabers willing to make a deal with you for the diffusers out of a converted MR saber.