PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Chamber and wiring help.

JSavage
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
So I’m starting on another Saber Project, but this time going far more high tech than the previous ones, and I need a little help and this seems like the perfect place.

Working with a Graflex. Going to to be using a Seoul P4, Nano Biscotte Soundboard and a 7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 Battery Pack. Since I love the older Graflex sabers I want to do it right and make this a Reveal style saber, as well as functional for light dueling etc. I’d like to add a few LEDs in the Crystal Chamber, say 4 and have them come on with the blade.

I know nothing about resistors and the like, so can anyone tell me what I need to make this happen? I am clueless about these little LEDs (3mm 1500-2000 mcd.).

Any help or a diagram would be more than appreciated.
I'll try and get a diagram of what I'm thinking up in the next few days.

hedgehog1
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
First - just a note on voltages. The Nano Biscotte Soundboard is designed to work from a single 3.7v Li-Ion. This is good - it means you can get by with only one lion cell and have more room in the hilt.

A battery pack like this would give you good run time and take up little space: Li-Ion-18500-37V-1400mAh-PCB-Protected-Rechargeable-Battery-Module (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Li-Ion-18500-37V-1400mAh-PCB-Protected-Rechargeable-Battery-Module-P775.aspx)

Now Blinky LEDs can be easy, or hard. If you use LEDs that blink by themselves, it is easy. If you want them to react to the blade, you will need too move to a more expensive (and larger) sound board.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-28-2013, 05:30 PM
So I’m starting on another Saber Project, but this time going far more high tech than the previous ones, and I need a little help and this seems like the perfect place.

Working with a Graflex. Going to to be using a Seoul P4, Nano Biscotte Soundboard and a 7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 Battery Pack. Since I love the older Graflex sabers I want to do it right and make this a Reveal style saber, as well as functional for light dueling etc. I’d like to add a few LEDs in the Crystal Chamber, say 4 and have them come on with the blade.

I know nothing about resistors and the like, so can anyone tell me what I need to make this happen? I am clueless about these little LEDs (3mm 1500-2000 mcd.).

Any help or a diagram would be more than appreciated.
I'll try and get a diagram of what I'm thinking up in the next few days.

Making a "reveal style" saber duel-able will take a lot of work, and the more LED's and stuff you try to stick into the crystal chamber, the more chance something will go wrong the first time you try to duel with it.