PDA

View Full Version : Battery options

whitmers
03-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Ok, I am have just built a new saber and it is all wired. it runs,however I think that my cram fu is not strong enough. I am currently running two lion 14500s in the battery holder. I am considering making the upgrade to the 186500s, and this is new territory. What will I need to order from tcss for it all work? I figure:

2X Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module (one and a spare)
what type of charger should I be getting?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Ok, I am have just built a new saber and it is all wired. it runs,however I think that my cram fu is not strong enough. I am currently running two lion 14500s in the battery holder. I am considering making the upgrade to the 186500s, and this is new territory. What will I need to order from tcss for it all work? I figure:

2X Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module (one and a spare)
what type of charger should I be getting?

If you have the li-ion charger, that will work fine. My next question to you is are you sure that would fit? It won't fit side by side, so will you have enough space for a stick pack??

whitmers
03-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I currently have the trustifre all in one sent to me with an older ultra sabers. I don't readily see a way that it would work with a 18,650 cell unless there is special connector.

My issue I feel is lateral cramming, not full length cramming. wouldnt the stick pack take up less real estate

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I currently have the trustifre all in one sent to me with an older ultra sabers. I don't readily see a way that it would work with a 18,650 cell unless there is special connector.

My issue I feel is lateral cramming, not full length cramming. wouldnt the stick pack take up less real estate

Width wise, yes, length wise, no, What are you trying to cram this into anyway? A US hilt?