PDA

View Full Version : Wiring in a Nano Biscotte

BobaFett
03-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Hi everyone!
I am new to adding sound to sabers, and I really want to put a Nano Biscotte into one of my lightsabers! I want to know all that I can about it before I dive into it and end up messing up the board! I would like some wire charts (Even though I am most likely going to use the NB board with the JST connectors). I also need pictures on how to attach it to the buckpuck, and stuff like that! Please and thank you!

PhoenixReborn
03-09-2013, 02:01 AM
There is a manual for the NB right on the NB page. I suggest reading it.

hedgehog1
03-09-2013, 02:11 AM
+1 on reading the on-line manual first.

The NB is a sweet bit of technology - but one that is not normally used with a buck puck. It is designed to run from a single Li-Ion battery (like this one: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Li-Ion-18650-37V-2600mAh-PCB-Protected-Rechargeable-Battery-Module-P672.aspx) and use a resistor. This allows you to put the electronics into a very small hilt, yet still get really great run times.

dhenwood
12-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I know I'm thread necroing here but could the nano biscotte be run with a buckpuck and 2 14500 batteries? It just seems easier to keep my saber as close to its original state as I can

Silver Serpent
12-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Negative. The Nano only supports up to 5.5v. 2 li-ions will give you 7.4v and cook the NB. You'll have to remove the buckpuck and use a resistor instead, as well as changing to a 3.7v li-ion pack.