PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!! MHS builder and Windows 8 not cooperating???

Arryck Corso
03-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Ok so here's the deal. We just got a new computer today that is running Windows 8. While I'm thrilled to finally have a new computer, when I try to download a saber design from the MHS builder it won't give me the prompt to save to my designated folder. I click the link to download and nothing happens.

So what I'm wondering is, is this a compatibility issue or what? I'm really hoping there are some computer savvy people here with some Windows 8 experience that can shed some light on this for me. I just want to know why I can't get the download function of the builder to work.

I use MHS builder and MS paint to design my sabers. This really helps me take what I see in my head and put it visually in front of me. Then I adjust and tweek my design til its just right. But if I can't get this new computer and the MHS builder to get along then this may be a deal breaker for me.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

hedgehog1
03-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Can you install and run the Chrome web browser? I use it on my Windows, Linux and Mac computers at home and the MHS building is happy running in them.

The issues is with the browser, not the OS itself.

Arryck Corso
03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Ok so its the web browser that's the problem?!? Well I guess I'll try and download another browser and see if that works. Just as soon as I get my wife off of it ;)

**Happy to say Google Chrome did the trick!!! Thanks for help hedgehog1!!!

hedgehog1
03-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Excellent news! I know I cannot go more than a day or two without using the MHS builder. To be without entirely, well, that is unthinkable!