PDA

View Full Version : Blade Holders 8 and 16

TrypWyr
02-27-2013, 10:57 AM
So I recently realized that I had enough spare parts to make a pretty decent Obi-wan ANH hilt, all I need is a pommel and blade holder. Since I am looking more at "inspired by" rather than a true replica, I'm undecided which blade holder to go with, 8 or 16.

One thing I would like is for the small holes around the blade hole to light up. On the reviews for 16, the most recent reviewer says that theirs had a small groove machined on the inside for the light to shine through... My question is, is this standard? For just that BH or the other as well?

Thanks in advance, anyone who can answer! :D

Silver Serpent
02-27-2013, 11:32 AM
As of June 2012, BH 8, 16, and 24 were altered to allow the holes to light up. Assuming all the old stock has been sold since then, any new ones you order will have the light-up holes.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?14605-Blade-holders-8-16-and-24-minor-change

I'd contact Tim to be sure you get the right one, just in case he still has any of the old style ones lying around.

TrypWyr
02-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh, perfect! Now I just need to decide which one I like better... :D

Thanks SS!

Starwinder
02-27-2013, 12:53 PM
I do believe that those BHs that allow light through are standard now. I ordered BH 16 this past August and BH 24 in December (haven't tried BH 8 yet) and both came with the inside machined groove without even requesting it. There's not a ton of light that comes through (you won't blind yourself looking at the holes), but it does look nice.